Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Best away seats

Aug 8, 2012
Is anyone annoyed at the ticket office's tactic of keeping back the best blocks.
I am in the second tier every time but Saints is a classic with hundreds of seats still available in block 43 the most central block.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I think people might avoid this block as it is next to their neanderthals?
However, that might excite some individuals. It's interesting to see that the right side (looking from the pitch) has more seats sold than the left side of that block.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
In one of the recent programme notes Barber did address this when he wasn't threatening to ban supporters and, essentially, blamed the way home clubs sell tickets

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes.
Every match I seem to be playing the waiting game. Will they wont they put better seats for sale. Do I buy the seat in the bad block or wait until they put the better block for sale, but what if there are no more seats?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes.
Every match I seem to be playing the waiting game. Will they wont they put better seats for sale. Do I buy the seat in the bad block or wait until they put the better block for sale, but what if there are no more seats?

A club owned by a master odds-setter, that has set up ticket sales on a stick or twist basis? Shirley Knott?

(If it were me, I would, and I'd use the information as data to inform my secret algorithms ???)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually.....if high priority customers were given access to all the best seats early doors then only shitty seats would be available to low priority customers, late doors. And since the latter have low priority largely because they don't go to many away games or have a season ticket, they will be less inclined to buy a suboptimal seat. So, as a strategy to maximise sales and attendance it makes sense to do it the naughty way.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
In one of the recent programme notes Barber did address this when he wasn't threatening to ban supporters and, essentially, blamed the way home clubs sell tickets

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

He was mainly replying to a question about the total number of tickets taken by the club but did cover this in passing .
I have said on other threads that i do have empathy with the club because if the home club says we can send a block back if we do not sell out this will almost inevitably be closest to the home fans and thus have the best location / view . Thus our club have to hold this back until they get a handle on how sales are going .

Regarding the total taken , the very fact that both vanilla and wet sham have gone to purchase history and stains to all season ticket holders ( so far ) leads me to believe that the club have realised that they made a mistake not taking the full allocation for norwich although they would never admit it !!!!

Interestingly we currently have tickets for sale for 4 away games simultaneously , cannot recall that before ( may even be 5 come next week )

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Actually.....if high priority customers were given access to all the best seats early doors then only shitty seats would be available to low priority customers, late doors. And since the latter have low priority largely because they don't go to many away games or have a season ticket, they will be less inclined to buy a suboptimal seat. So, as a strategy to maximise sales and attendance it makes sense to do it the naughty way.

I see what you are getting at but genuinely i do not think many fans looking to buy a ticket for a particular away match would go on the site and say " i see they have sold the best seats so i won't bother " . Sure there will be some , but enough to have a strategy for ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I see what you are getting at but genuinely i do not think many fans looking to buy a ticket for a particular away match would go on the site and say " i see they have sold the best seats so i won't bother " . Sure there will be some , but enough to have a strategy for ?

I was merely attempting to find a rational explanation for an irksome phenomenon that has others baffled. I am not persuaded by my hypothesis, and sadly know not how to test it. Is there a strategy, or is it ramdom?

We may never know ???

twilight-zone.gif

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The interesting one will be Everton, if the pillar box blocks are listed first then virtually everyone will be waiting for the better view blocks to become available.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry

I’m sure there is a combination of reasons but I do think H’s exploratory rationale is part of it. What you have said is also true though. I tend to identify an away match I can go to and when my eligibility criteria is met then decide on my seat. I was delighted to get a reasonably good one for the Villa match but would have taken any one once I knew I could go

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
None of these shenanigans when we were in The Championship.

Top points got top seats at Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

I felt like the fixture computer was taking the piss by having us there on a Tuesday night in 2 consecutive years!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I remember going to Milmoor on a Tuesday night in the 90s.

Top points got top seats at Rotherham on a Tuesday night.

I felt like the fixture computer was taking the piss by having us there on a Tuesday night in 2 consecutive years!

"Rotherham on a Tuesday night" is like a rites of passage. If I had to try to convey the very essence of what it means to be a football supporter to someone who didn't have the first idea, "Rotherham on a Tuesday night" are probably the five words I would choose.

(If they still didn't get it, I might add "...in February." And if they still don't get it, then frankly you may as well change the subject).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here