Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gerrard Confirmed as Villa Boss

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Looking forward to all the media hype when we play them being all about his first match in Premier League, and absolutely nothing about us whatsoever.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I hope his move south will be as successful as Neil Lennon's.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Rangers fans must be gutted.
21 October..

Reporter: "Steven, what would you say to those linking you with a move away?"
Gerrard: "Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Don't ask me silly questions then."

Judas after that comment.

I really hope Rangers get a good replacement (Smith??) and Villa struggle after their shoddy treatment of Dean Smith

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Could we see Goldson go there? I think he is out of contract at Rangers next summer

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I really don't see how this move is going to improve SG's stock in terms of him getting the Liverpool job at some point down the line. Surely winning titles at Rangers and maybe the odd beyond expectation stint in Europe would have been enough.

Also, as a great player as he undoubtedly was, there's something rather irritating about him as a manager.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed or Walter Smith’s who was never a real success at Everton.

Let's not forget Graeme Souness and Alex "Big'Eck" McLeish.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
[QUNo l don't think winning a title in Scotland is going to hold him in particular good stead if his big ambition is still the Liverpool jobOTE=Oscar;10064984]I really don't see how this move is going to improve SG's stock in terms of him getting the Liverpool job at some down the line. Surely winning titles at Rangers and maybe the odd beyond expectation stint in Europe would have been enough.

Also, as a great player as he undoubtedly was, there's something rather irritating about him as a manager.[/QUOTE]

No, l don't think merely winning a title in Scotland will be enough if his big ambition is still the top job at Anfield. The SPL and the EPL are miles apart in terms of ability.

He needs to step up and prove he can manage in the top division in England for the Liverpool board to take chance on him. Let's hope for his sake that he can hack it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here