Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why is our anthem not ‘Praise you’?!!!

Brimmermusic

Aug 9, 2011
Eastbourne
I need to know why Fatboy Slim - Praise You, is not our anthem?!

Liverpool have ‘You’re never walk alone’ which seems so fitting them with their history. But I can’t understand why Praise You is not ours.!!!! It’s sums us up, our history, our journey, perfect lyrics, is chant friendly, and is written by our most famous fan. This should be out song before every match and during, when we are 1 nil down, we should sing it. This is our song!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I often wonder the same and have said this many times.

The lyrics can be adapted to us very easily.

Way better than Ring of Fire!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I often wonder the same and have said this many times.

The lyrics can be adapted to us very easily.

Way better than Ring of Fire!

I like both to be honest, Fat Boy is not adverse to a bit of sampling and I’m sure a man of his talent could re write it and include a quick burst of ring of fire horns in their somewhere….

Come on Fat Boy, do it, do it, do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you are suggesting our anthem, Good Old Sussex By The Sea, isn't up to the job, I'm marking you down as palace.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Liverpool have ‘You’re never walk alone’ which seems so fitting them with their history. But I can’t understand why Praise You is not ours.!!!! It’s sums us up, our history, our journey, perfect lyrics, is chant friendly, and is written by our most famous fan. This should be out song before every match and during, when we are 1 nil down, we should sing it. This is our song!

Feel free to sing it to your heart's content, I'm going to continue belting out GOSBTS though.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Palace.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

If you purport to be a Brighton fan then you should know why.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The team should always run out to GOSBTS.

I would like to hear Right Here, Right Now played instead of the Fanzone songs.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I assumed that this was more to replace Ring of Fire et al rather than GOSBTS.

I was there on Saturday and didn’t notice Ring Of Fire being played before kick off, did I just miss it in my excitement?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I always liked it being played at the final whistle when we first got to the Amex, and never understood why they stopped that :shrug:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The club should go back to playing Praise You at the end of the game. As much as I love SBTS, playing it before the game, at half time and the end of the match is too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yes, yes.

Praise you at the end ... unless we've been rubbish and lost, in which case better to troop off in silence (and there's not too many left to hear it anyway>

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They play Albion Albion Albion at least 6 times every match I'm not sure there's room for another crowd singalong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here