Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] European tour ?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
The start of this season and the subsequent chant " we're all going on a european tour " that it inspired made me realise that i would dearly love to go on a trip to a european city to watch an Albion team play a competitive match ! yes please !
But while dreaming about this again this week i realised that it is actually more likely that the ladies team will get there first the way things are going ( they are currently 4th , top 3 to qualify ) .So i asked myself if they made it would i go and i have to say my answer was a resounding yes .
Will be interesting to watch the ladies play Leicester at the amex this sunday to see if they can defeat the bottom team or if they suffer the same problem as the men did !

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Even if the ,em make it, you’ll be watching a side made up heavily of the U23 side with a smattering or peripheral 1st team players, expect Connolly, Alzate and Richards at best. Staying in the EPL will remain priority.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Even if the ,em make it, you’ll be watching a side made up heavily of the U23 side with a smattering or peripheral 1st team players, expect Connolly, Alzate and Richards at best. Staying in the EPL will remain priority.

Would be more than enough to win most UEFA "Conference League" games.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Union SG have a reasonable chance of Europe next season , currently top by 4 points . Unbelievable achievement so far . Can they do a Leicester ?

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
I would feel like an imposter latching on to the women's team success, as much as I want them to do well.
If time and money were no object, then I would watch The Albion anywhere in Europe, but with a preference for a game against our Bundesliga counterparts

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Union SG have a reasonable chance of Europe next season , currently top by 4 points . Unbelievable achievement so far . Can they do a Leicester ?

If USG make it into European cup competition next season I would certainly try and get there.
Even better if the fixture was near a low cost airline destination from Gatwick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One away day in Europe and a Wembley final with Jnr are my last 2 Albion 'bucket list' games.

That'll be me done.
That's my 'Tomb Raider completed on the hardest setting' Albion life goal accomplished.

I bet my left testicle we draw Carmathen Town :angry:

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
One away day in Europe and a Wembley final with Jnr are my last 2 Albion 'bucket list' games.

That'll be me done.
That's my 'Tomb Raider completed on the hardest setting' Albion life goal accomplished.

Beautifully and succinctly put SB !
Fervently wishing for the best but grudgingly knowing if it happens there will be some hiccup !
A true Albion fan !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I would love it if we managed to get to a European competition and would definitely try and do at least one away match.

A West Ham supporting mate at work went to his first away European match last week at Genk and he was beside himself with excitement leading up to the day, and he's not talked about much else since getting back. Although I'm not sure I wanted to see the graphic pictures he showed me, as he was just behind that poor chap that lost his finger :sick:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

That'll be me done.

I hate to be the harbinger of a reduction in your collection of gonads but Carmarthen are in the second tier and out of the cup so let's hope Brighton don't make it this year :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can remember a kids penalty shoot out taking place at the Goldstone in the 1990's either pre match or at half time, with Tony Millard commentating, one boy was pretending to represent the Albion, and the other Real Madrid or suchlike, and thinking how ridiculous it would be if Brighton should ever face a top European team.

But now all of a sudden, who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here