Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Help , My Mobile Phone Keeps Pinging

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Had this Samsung phone for years, but yesterday and all night and today it keeps giving a ping sound every half hour or so.
I have checked there are no new emails or texts , I cleared the notifications and I even turned the notification sound to silent......but nothing stops it.
This is driving me nuts.
Do the smart folk on NSC have any ideas .... ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My phone does that if it's trying to connect to bluetooth occassionally. This happens when the other device has 'forgotten' the phone. Maybe yours is doing the same thing?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Had this Samsung phone for years, but yesterday and all night and today it keeps giving a ping sound every half hour or so.
I have checked there are no new emails or texts , I cleared the notifications and I even turned the notification sound to silent......but nothing stops it.
This is driving me nuts.

Can I suggest you take a look at your battery and battery savings settings?

What can happen is that your phone has a battery saving setting, which kicks in when charge remaining falls below a certain level (50% remaining for example). Battery saving then prevents a lot of apps from running in the background. If you have an app that wakes up every 30 minutes to try to check something and is then prevented from running, you might just get a notification sound and no notification because whatever it is has been stopped from running.

If this is the issue (do the pings stop when your phone is fully charged), it is just a case of going through the apps that are using your battery and either excluding or removing the offending app.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This is driving me nuts.

Are you a submariner???

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It’s probably your season ticket being updated! I get endless update notifications after every home match

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Omsung phines have a habit of doing this.

Seriously though, might be a job for a local reputable mobile phone emporium to have a look at. Maybe time for an upgrade perhaps with black Friday coming up?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Omsung phines have a habit of doing this.

Seriously though, might be a job for a local reputable mobile phone emporium to have a look at. Maybe time for an upgrade perhaps with black Friday coming up?
Almost certainly cured by a 17 year old phone shop assistant in about 30 seconds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here