Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Was There A Proposal To Ban Us From The Football League?

el punal

Please enlighten me dear people. I vaguely remember that back in our troubled years of the 1990s clubs were asked to vote on whether the Albion should be allowed to remain in the Football League. I don’t know the circumstances or which clubs were against us. Can anyone shed light on this?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Please enlighten me dear people. I vaguely remember that back in our troubled years of the 1990s clubs were asked to vote on whether the Albion should be allowed to remain in the Football League. I don’t know the circumstances or which clubs were against us. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thats one hell of a light shed on this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went to school with that pitch invader and several of us know him well. Evening, Wreck, if you're watching :thumbsup: :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My last match at the Goldstone. What a game to go out on.

Such a good game, I remember feeling so tense and nervous the whole game.

If the truth be told, the passion at the time was so intense, for survival I could have punched someone.
I’ve never felt so angry and betrayed at that time, I hated Orient as well especially Scott

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
My last match at the Goldstone. What a game to go out on.

Me too! Brilliant last game in terms of atmosphere and events on the pitch. Flew out to Delhi shortly after on a long planned backpacker adventure. Heard the Hereford result on a very crackly portable world radio in Kathmandu (very tense times of course) between treks in the Himalayas (sans guide or porters, unlike the Israelis we met). Amazing times.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Bellotti having the cheek to say the supporters are trying to ruin the club! ...... :tosser:

Oldham really had it in for us, trying to rally more clubs to boot us out.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Screenshot 2021-11-10 at 08.31.02.png

el punal

Okay, loads of replies to my opening post so thank you, but, why was there a motion to chuck us out? Was it because we would have no ground to call home? Is there a report/document/record of the vote describing which clubs were for and against us?

For those that were anti-Albion it would be interesting to see how they are faring now compared to ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here