Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women vs Leicester in the WSL this Sunday @ Amex

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
After winning away at Everton on Saturday, Brighton women play their next home game this Sunday at 2pm hoping to carry on their good form in the league which has them 4th in the table. Their opponents are Leicester who sit bottom of the league having lost all 6 of their league matches so far as they struggle since their promotion. Brighton should have more than enough to beat this team given their respective seasons so far, but we all saw what happened with the men on Saturday... :ffsparr:

Due to the mens international break, this match will be played at the Amex (much prefer it there than at Crawley!). If you already have a Womens Season ticket then you must claim your free ticket on the website to get in. All tickets are available from the Albion and cost:

Adult: £5.00
65+: £2.50
Under 18: £2.50
Family Ticket (2 Adult & 2 U18): £10.00

There is free travel available from various locations provided as ever by Seagulls Travel

Womens season ticket holders can also enter a competition to get free access to the hospitality lounge This closes this evening so get your entries in now!

UTA! :amex::albion2:

Last edited:

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Was going to post that the Women's team are taking after the men's side by dominating but failing to beat bottom of the table sides. .. the they get a 93rd minute winner!
Graeme Potter please take note of how to do it!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What really is frustrating watching is the small knocks that require the medical team, that's fine but blimey everyone goes over to the managers for a natter. Ten minutes later the ref re-starts the game.

There's never a hurry up from the officials, and they don't stop the medical team from coming on when all it is a slight knock. It ruins the flow of the game which in nature is on the slow side anyway.

The game itself was frustrating as we kept just booting the ball through to their keeper.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Was going to post that the Women's team are taking after the men's side by dominating but failing to beat bottom of the table sides. .. the they get a 93rd minute winner!
Graeme Potter please take note of how to do it!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Didn’t we score a 90th minute winner against Brentford?
And an injury time equaliser against Palace ?

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
The game itself was frustrating as we kept just booting the ball through to their keeper.

And getting caught offside numerous times. We've definitely played better!

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
It was completely one sided. Leicester were dreadful and we were getting caught OS a lot.

The freekick to win it late was nice. Not sure whether it was intended though. Up to 3rd!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Nowhere near our best today.
Leicester played a very high line with a bank of five and a bank of four, leaving one up even when they were defending corners or set-pieces in to their box. Most of our players spent most of the game sandwiched between the two aforementioned defensive banks. The many long diagonal passes to the wide players as all ready pointed out, lead to numerous offside decisions.
Megan Walsh had more to do than the Leicester keeper. Maisie Symonds's late 20 yard free-kick goal from the left, right in to the right top corner of the net in added time was a corker, and caused a massive pile-on, on the north-west corner of the pitch, which included all the remaining subs, used subs and topped off with Megan Walsh who ran a full 120 yards to join in. Even then, Walsh had to come to the rescue to secure a very hard-fought three points.
There was quite a nice love-in at the end, with the players coming right over to the front of the East Stand to sign autographs and have photos taken. Really good to see.
There were a lot of very happy kids leaving the Amex today, even if they had to wait so long for something to cheer.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
And getting caught offside numerous times. We've definitely played better!

But it just shows that when a team turn up playing 5-4-1 with a well disciplined back line how hard it is to break them down or get behind them .Obviously Leicester believe that playing at a higher level their best chance is to defend in numbers and hope to get something on a break or from a set piece . Indeed , unattractive as that is , it very nearly worked for them . Credit must go to Meghan Walsh for keeping switched on after we scored and saving that last chance they had .
It was good to see a great turnout for this game and nice to see all the players , subs and coaches come across to thank them at final whistle .

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Very pleased they won. My first live viewing of womens team and sorry to say thought the game was terrible and wont rush back. How many times were we caught offside ? Maybe wrong but looks like apart from very few most sides game is built on defence.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Love the fact that any Brighton side is 3rd in the table, but are the women's side worth going to watch? I've got this growing feeling that I should go along and give the WSL a chance but all my fellow Albion regulars have zero interest. Genuinely interested to know from those of you that do go whether WSL is part of our Albion supporting future and something to be excited about, or something to swerve, avoid and ignore

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Love the fact that any Brighton side is 3rd in the table, but are the women's side worth going to watch? I've got this growing feeling that I should go along and give the WSL a chance but all my fellow Albion regulars have zero interest. Genuinely interested to know from those of you that do go whether WSL is part of our Albion supporting future and something to be excited about, or something to swerve, avoid and ignore

You'll have to come along and find out for yourself. With an open mind.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

Well i enjoy it , although today was a bit of a hard watch for reasons already mentioned . Another point i would make is there are a lot of families with small vociferous children present which in one way is a very good thing and in others not so !
If you are genuinely interested then i would say give it a go as there is nothing better than experiencing something to make up your mind but in my humble opinion it is definitely not something to avoid or ignore . As another plus it is not expensive !

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
It’s a great strategy to invest in this Albion side because it reflects positively on the entire club. An Albion side is currently third in the elite division in this country and new supporters/commentators are attracted to the Albion. Only positives!

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Very pleased they won. My first live viewing of womens team and sorry to say thought the game was terrible and wont rush back. How many times were we caught offside ? Maybe wrong but looks like apart from very few most sides game is built on defence.
As the game progressed, you could see it wasn't going to be top-notch entertainment. Leicester's obvious aim was not to be beaten. I was concerned that any newcomers would come up with your conclusion.
Please don't let today put you off. If you'd have seen the previous game at the Amex against West Ham, you would have seen a very entertaining game played by two teams who wanted to win. We did, which was nice. As we all know, supporting your team involves putting up with the rough, as well as the smooth.
Unfortunately, today was rough!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
With just over 3,500 attending yesterday, I think there is a strong case for making the Amex the womens home ground. The Lower stand holds about 5,000 so could just open that stand to minimise the cost. They could also open 1901 bit if ever the corporate lot gets interested. I honestly think the time is fast approaching to do this.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I went to watch Steyning Town women (step 7) lose 0-2 to Kent United Football (step 4) in the first round proper of the FA Cup. A brilliant display against a physically stronger team with, as you’d expect, better players. A very good game. Over 200 spectators. Over 20 mascots from the girls section. A great day for the club.

Great to see the Albion Women going so well. The more I get to know the players the closer I follow them. I have still got to go and watch a game but it’ll happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here