Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party Hypocrisy Unbelievable

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everything would be fine if only he'd claimed a duck house against his expenses.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
But it's not a 'non-story'. He's leader of a Green Council and should show leadership.

Good on him for apologising, but the damage is done.

Brighton has:

1. The Worst recycling rates in Sussex
2. The only Green Council in Sussex.

Go figure.

They weren't the party that signed us up to a 30 year Veolia contract to be fair.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Or if a party made a big deal out of tough on crime and financially responsible while maintaining laws and rules don't apply to them and spending millions wastefully through their mates

7bd341cbb4e71fe627caf2bf2c91589d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
It does seem to me though that Green/Environmmental/Ecological hypocrisy is more blatant and prevalent. A Green flying is not an uncommon occurrence, but it is like an anti-racist campaigner giving an impassioned speech at a BLM rally about defunding the Police, slavery, colonialism, etc etc, and then saying "Woah! Watch your backs girls, you're all going to get raped! There's a n****r over there!" When challenged, they reply "Yeah, it was a mistake sorry, but nobody's perfect."

Absolute drivel.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
He's offsetting the carbon cost - non-story?
Offsetting the carbon cost is a story, but a different story.

The point of offsetting the carbon cost is basically that rich people who can afford to do it, can fly about as normal. If you increase prices, either directly or via "carbon offset", then your policy to reduce carbon is to make the poor stop flying while the rich carry on as before.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Could you define 'extreme left' please?

Muesli Hill residents, any adult without access to a car, public sector workers, people under 35, hipsters, bearded people (especially women), single women with more than two cats, BBC non camera facing staff, East London born ex Hoveites now living in Manchester, Cardinal Newman educated university lecturers, anyone I missed? :p

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Muesli Hill residents, any adult without access to a car, public sector workers, people under 35, hipsters, bearded people (especially women), single women with more than two cats, BBC non camera facing staff, East London born ex Hoveites now living in Manchester, Cardinal Newman educated university lecturers, anyone I missed? :p

I wasn’t at Newman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Offsetting the carbon cost is a story, but a different story.

The point of offsetting the carbon cost is basically that rich people who can afford to do it, can fly about as normal. If you increase prices, either directly or via "carbon offset", then your policy to reduce carbon is to make the poor stop flying while the rich carry on as before.

Or, to put it another way, put us back where we were before Stelios and O'Leary started a massively damaging race to the bottom.

Flying should be expensive, cars should be expensive, meat should be expensive. Then people would have to choose instead of this "have it all now" culture.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
So did most of the government, including Johnson who wanted to get back for a dinner engagement. You really are a very blinkered, bitter, old donkey.
Stick to the pit, the adult stuff isn’t for you.

More whataboutary, try and debate like a grown up Nibble, no need to start slinging abuse otherwise you’ll drag the thread into your domain [emoji106]

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
But it's not a 'non-story'. He's leader of a Green Council and should show leadership.

Good on him for apologising, but the damage is done.

Brighton has:

1. The Worst recycling rates in Sussex
2. The only Green Council in Sussex.

Go figure.

To be fair this is what he and the Green party should be called out for, not for a one off trip (unless he has been doing this serially).

There is a marked difference he has admitted he was wrong whereas Boris, Paterson etc don't see what they are doing wrong, feel offended that they are being accused and then go on to tell the next lie whilst p*ssing on the backs of working people and telling them its raining.

Is this 'whataboutery' , maybe, but its needed to put this reasonably non event in context.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Or, to put it another way, put us back where we were before Stelios and O'Leary started a massively damaging race to the bottom.

Flying should be expensive, cars should be expensive, meat should be expensive. Then people would have to choose instead of this "have it all now" culture.

Whilst I tend to agree with you surely by making all of the above expensive creates an even bigger divide between rich and poor?

I’d like to see 1 registered car per household introduced as an example?

Flying, not sure what to do about that [emoji1745]

Meat, again very difficult [emoji1745]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here