Jul 6, 2003
Echoes of Hillsborough... :down:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Author: https://www.instagram.com/seannafaith/ on IG

(She's since clarified that the cameraman called for help, and wasn't the one who threathend to push her from the camera gantry.)

https://twitter.com/Ashmelym/status/1457001681376452608?s=20

[tweet]1457001681376452608[/tweet]

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
That is horrendous, yet some people would happily go back to barriered terraces, if they could.

Imagine that, drowning in a sea of people... poor souls!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crowd mentality is horrible - especially when you throw in drink / drugs. I remember once having a horrible feeling of crushing, basically they'd booked a huge name DJ, sold out the club but didn't account / plan that no-one would go in the other rooms when the main room DJ was on. You literally could not move to get out or move around. Had there been a need to evacuate it would have been carnage

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably one of the worst possible situations to die in and not a funny one to survive from either.

Due to learning about Hillsborough when I was quite young I never go into the front of concerts etc. It makes me uncomfortable. Ecstatic people have little self-control and at a massive event like this I dont trust performers or security to have the balls to stop the show. Those metal barriers are also present pretty much whenever something like this happens and should be either outlawed or redesigned somehow so that they can be easily pushed over from the inside.

Wonder what the investigation will find. Generally speaking I struggle to see how such a disaster can happen without wrongdoing or negligence from multiple people.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bit like the police reaction to the pleas for help at Hillsborough. Horrendous, insensitive, blinkered.
I always remember going to an England game at the old Wembley and being carried down the steps by the crush on the way out. Or, being in the old North Stand at the .goldstone when Spurs fans got in and created a tsunami of people towards the North West Corner. No control over your own safety. Anyone falling over would have been crushed to death.
Crowds are dangerous. Safe standing may be OK but pray we don’t go backwards over this.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Travis Scott has previous . On at least two other separate occasions , notably in 2015 at a concert in Switzerland, a fan grabbed his foot and attempted to take his shoe off as a joke I presume . Travis reacted by imploring the crowd to f@@k the guy up and pointed at him to the crowd .

There was also a concert in 2019 where 3 people were hurt as he encouraged a frenzied atmosphere on stage .

I’m surprised at Drake being involved in this as I always thought he was a decent guy but Travis I’m afraid is trouble and if he wasn’t earning money singing if you can call it that , he would probably be locked up for violence. A very bad role model for young kids .

Jul 25, 2021
Judging by the reports, I don't think the deaths occurred during that crush. It's reported that people started collapsing at around 9.30pm. That crush was during the daytime. The videos showing the people collapsing then having seizures and heart attacks weren't in any crush. Very strange?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Judging by the reports, I don't think the deaths occurred during that crush. It's reported that people started collapsing at around 9.30pm. That crush was during the daytime. The videos showing the people collapsing then having seizures and heart attacks weren't in any crush. Very strange?

A lot of people don't die immediately when crushed. It can cause a lot of damage inside the body. Plus with alcohol or drugs, you won't necessarily feel any of the effects of being crushed until your body can no longer take it. One of the big things is daamage to internal organs like the kidneys, broken bones such as ribs that can then damage other organs and internal bleeding, Hypovolemic shock is a big one as internal bleeding can then stop the heart from pumping blood.

Jul 25, 2021
A lot of people don't die immediately when crushed. It can cause a lot of damage inside the body. Plus with alcohol or drugs, you won't necessarily feel any of the effects of being crushed until your body can no longer take it. One of the big things is daamage to internal organs like the kidneys, broken bones such as ribs that can then damage other organs and internal bleeding, Hypovolemic shock is a big one as internal bleeding can then stop the heart from pumping blood.

I think they're suspicious of drug spiking

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...e/news-story/5756151b03d8437fe289de8ed5ee6d37

Unbelievable how the singer just carried on performing whilst the crowd were screaming for help getting paramedics to those who'd collapsed!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably one of the worst possible situations to die in and not a funny one to survive from either.

Due to learning about Hillsborough when I was quite young I never go into the front of concerts etc. It makes me uncomfortable. Ecstatic people have little self-control and at a massive event like this I dont trust performers or security to have the balls to stop the show. Those metal barriers are also present pretty much whenever something like this happens and should be either outlawed or redesigned somehow so that they can be easily pushed over from the inside.

Wonder what the investigation will find. Generally speaking I struggle to see how such a disaster can happen without wrongdoing or negligence from multiple people.

Indeed.

These days....I do like you - keep well out of the way of any tomfoolery. And I won't go to any large venues (in London, Dingwalls, Koko, Underworld, Scala are about my limit, and if possible I'd go for smaller); albeit this is because big venues means meanstream appeal and this means dickwads in the audience, whether troublemakers or just bores who can't clap in time or sing in tune, and I have a very low threshold of tolerance (and would have to leave, so why bother ?).

RIP the poor sods who died, here, and I hope that heads will roll.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bit of a ridiculous statement to make considering you had to be double vaccinated or tested to get in to this festival.

Yeah, personally, I wouldn't dream of making any kind of connection between the gig/deaths and the pandemic (but Covid is Eric's thing on Twitter).

The replies are more interesting....

Jul 7, 2003
Reminds me of Monsters of Rock at Donington in 1988 when two people lost their lives when crushed at the front.

I had gone down near the front for the opening act who I really liked (Helloween) but the ground was so muddy you couldn't keep your feet. I didn't hang around for long as I didn't feel safe so decided to get out of there and head for higher ground where it wasn't so bad.

Next up were Guns N Roses who had just become quite well known but at that time fifth on a bill of six bands - this was when festivals were about quality, not quantity of acts. Everyone wanted a closer look at the band and there was quite surge forward.

According to the inquest, a “crowd collapse” involving 50 people took place fifteen yards from the front of the stage. The mud in that area caused by several days heavy rain prior to the event made things worse. The band (GnR) stopped playing temporarily and called for calm, but by the time security had fished out the injured people, two bodies (Alan Dick, 18 and Landon Siggers, 20) were found laying down in four inches of mud and were almost covered over. They were pronounced dead on arrival at the hospital.

These were pre-mobile phone days so of course, most of the 107,000 crowd were totally unaware of this until the following day. I would have been 19 and living at home so needless to say, when I got home around 4am in the morning, my mum was still awake waiting for me to come home as she had seen something on the evening news and had no idea if I had been involved in the crush

Donington was a lesson for many UK festivals around how to improve safety for large crowds. Sadly, there are eight families out in the US whose loved ones didn't make it back. Let's hope more lessons are learned to avoid this happening to anyone else in the future.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yeah, personally, I wouldn't dream of making any kind of connection between the gig/deaths and the pandemic (but Covid is Eric's thing on Twitter).

The replies are more interesting....

This is the guy who wanted to start charging for the advice he put out on twitter …criticised anyone who sent children to school in USA but didn’t make people aware that he had sent his family to Austria where his kids were being schooled…and more

Back on topic I see the singer is facing legal action

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59205570

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The blokes a ****, the video he made after looks like an 8 year old trying to get away with something, no remorse

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here