Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Milano derby

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Serie A this season is very, very entertaining. Inter breaking Juventus long win streak last season brought new life into the league and the games are very explosive and eventful which hasnt been the case for a long long time.

I think the Milano derby tonight is going to be a classic... worth watching!

Milan
Tatarusanu - Ballo, Tomori, Kjaer, Calabria - Kessie, Brahim, Tonali - Leao, Ibrahimovic, Krunic

Inter
Handanovic - Bastoni, De Vrij, Skriniar - Perisic, Calhanoglu, Brozovic, Barella, Darmian - Martinez, Dzeko

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I love Serie A and it’s particularly brilliant this season, very open. Surprised Napoli dropped points today though not that Simeone scored AGAIN!

You’re right, it should hopefully be a great game tonight, I think Pioli has done a fantastic job at Milan. Managed to mould some very talented youngsters and older experienced pro’s into a very decent team.

I would imagaine the whole of Sweden is behind Milan isn’t it?!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I love Serie A and it’s particularly brilliant this season, very open. Surprised Napoli dropped points today though not that Simeone scored AGAIN!

You’re right, it should hopefully be a great game tonight, I think Pioli has done a fantastic job at Milan. Managed to mould some very talented youngsters and older experienced pro’s into a very decent team.

I would imagaine the whole of Sweden is behind Milan isn’t it?!

Both of them have a fair amount of fans but any neutral watching is probably behind Milan yes.

Agree Pioli has done a great job.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have only ever seen one game in Italy, Milan v Lazio at the San Siro on a blisteringly hot day. Aren’t they meant to be knocking it down and rebuilding it at some point soon? It’s some stadium anyway, I guess the newer ones like Juventus start to make it look dated now.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Serie A has been madly entertaining and full of goals for several seasons, even though Juve were winning the league every season up until the last one.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good game. Some highs and lows.

Considering how much the TV companies pay for PL it is shocking how much better the Serie A TV production is.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Good game. Some highs and lows.

Considering how much the TV companies pay for PL it is shocking how much better the Serie A TV production is.

a) do you ever go out?
b) do you watch Swedish footie at all?
c) apart from eating pizza's, any other hobbies outside football??

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
What's going on in Italy re attendances?! Huge stadiums that always look half, sometimes less than half, full - all clubs too including the Milan clubs, Napoli with their traditional support averaging little over 20k in a 55k stadium.

Is it the state of the stadiums and lack of investment in them? Cost of attending? TV showing too many games? Interest in football waning? A mix of all that!?

13 clubs averaging under 13k, five under 6k!

It's not like the league hasn't been entertaining the last couple of seasons as others have said.

Ah, edit... I've forgotten covid - are the still capped at 75%??

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What's going on in Italy re attendances?! Huge stadiums that always look half, sometimes less than half, full - all clubs too including the Milan clubs, Napoli with their traditional support averaging little over 20k in a 55k stadium.

Is it the state of the stadiums and lack of investment in them? Cost of attending? TV showing too many games? Interest in football waning? A mix of all that!?

It's not like the league hasn't been entertaining the last couple of seasons as others have said.

I think you may have forgotten to include the Covid affect.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

As per your edit, attendances are still limited. But also, Italy (especially the north where most of the Serie A teams are) was hit very very hard with Covid, there is still a lot of public fear of the virus and people are still careful in public.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

I went to Inter v Napoli 3 years ago,... Sunday eve game,.... we had tickets in the main Inter Curva Nord area behind the goal... flags, singing, what was not to like?!

Cripes, it was like a modern day Nuremberg Rally.... racists and drugs, that was the theme,... no police or stewards in the entire tier, maybe 5k fans, drinking, snorting and monkey chanting to their hearts content.

Perhaps this little anecdote illustrates why Italian footy is less populated than at times in the past.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Despite the current covid restrictions, Italian football since the late 90s has been notorious for its relatively poorly attended games in comparison to the PL, Bundesliga and the better supported clubs in Spain.

Lots of reasons for it, most clubs don’t own their grounds, they are owned by the local authority and are generally in a very poor condition, blanket TV coverage including their Sunday equivalent of our Sat 3pm fixtures being broadcast, cost of tickets, and hooliganism.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Still covid I think. England are off to San Marino next week and normally get 5000 tickets or so - only given 1500 this time and I doubt there will be more than the same again from 'locals'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here