Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Boring Old Person Thread. Hand Warmers?

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I'm off to Wembley this coming Friday evening to watch the England V Albania match and will be taking two daughters, a soon to be son-in-law, and two grandchildren aged 9 and 11.
It's bound to be bloomin' freezin' so I'd like to buy some disposable (yes, won't I please think of the planet) hand warmers to try and head off the moans and groans.
I'm happy to dish them out just as the game kicks off, so they don't have to last too long and I'd like them to reach a reasonable temperature.
Can anybody recommend a specific type?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm off to Wembley this coming Friday evening to watch the England V Albania match and will be taking two daughters, a soon to be son-in-law, and two grandchildren aged 9 and 11.
It's bound to be bloomin' freezin' so I'd like to buy some disposable (yes, won't I please think of the planet) hand warmers to try and head off the moans and groans.
I'm happy to dish them out just as the game kicks off, so they don't have to last too long and I'd like them to reach a reasonable temperature.

These are perfect.

Screenshot 2021-11-07 12.51.48.png

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

I can recommend you look at the BBC weather forecast. A balmy 11 degrees at kick-off time, computer says. Wear hand warmers now and - like those daft buggers already wearing Arctic-style headgear around town - you Won't Feel The Benefit if/when we get some wintry weather half-worthy of the name :xmas:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Pockets or Gloves? (much more planet friendly) what are you going to do when winter comes and it gets cold?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Please do think of the planet. No point in buying single use items, just wear sensible clothes.

There are plenty of reusable warmers available, and I intend to buy some as an Xmas present for someone who really does need them - my Big Issue seller.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here