Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 4 managers sacked already.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GPott will have a difficult morning briefing tomorrow.
I hope he can hold on for a little while longer.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope it’s Ole, I have a bet made before the season started with a deluded United fan that Ole would be sacked before Potter - £100 to the winner

Hold the nerve Tony :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hope it’s Ole, I have a bet made before the season started with a deluded United fan that Ole would be sacked before Potter - £100 to the winner

Hold the nerve Tony :lolol:

Christ, that's like printing money.

Ole or Smith the next out, Would expect Smith to go if we manage to beat them at home with a third choice goalie between the sticks.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Its been two years with unusually few sackings, not surprising that there is some backlog in that department. Most clubs lack football knowledge in the boardroom but they do have money so they can sack manager after manager and hope they'll find the magic one somewhere.

Trouble is that the quality of the guys on the pitch is far more important to results than any manager will ever be, so very little is going to change for most of them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Christ, that's like printing money.

Ole or Smith the next out, Would expect Smith to go if we manage to beat them at home with a third choice goalie between the sticks.

Never underestimate the delusion of United fans. He wanted a £20 bet but he pissed me off so much I pushed it as far as I could.

My worry is who the hell replaces him, they may keep hanging on to him because of it. He should have gone by now.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
With 4 already gone so far this season how many more I wonder? Dean Smith, Olly and possibly Rafael Benitez if things don't improve quickly. Wouldn't be surprised if it's 7 out of the 20 by Christmas.

I’d be surprised if Watford keep Ranieri beyond Christmas if they drop into the bottom 3 (which is likely now Burnley are playing well).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doubt that many managers are under many illusions that their 'project' will end in failure sooner rather than later. A bit like political careers. Dare say the Sauds have a plan already in place to replace Smug Eddie in the Summer with little or no pay-off. But - hey! - six months work is six months work :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here