Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Newcastle

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
One of the worst performances in the Potter era and the ratings reflect it.

Sanchez 4 - aside for two nice balls to Lamptey and March, Sanchez was poor in every department today. Gets a plus point in his rating due to the red, oddly enough. It was the right decision if it was a decision.

Duffy 6 - while it frequently looked like him and Dunk played their first game together, he didnt really do much wrong today.

Dunk 6 - see Duffy.

Veltman 4 - decent defensively, very very poor passing and threw away a number of attacks by making bad decisions. Probably his worst game in the Brighton shirt.

Cucurella 4 - nice bit of running but finishing was poor, crossing was poor, passing was poor, duelling was mostly poor.

March 5 - not as terrible as some but did little useful.

Bissouma 5 - not his usual self. Not bad but by his standards it was a very disappointing performance.

Lallana 5 - some good pressure and didnt give the ball away much but for someone who is supposed to be a playmaker, we really didnt see much of that at all.

Lamptey 8 - best player for Brighton today along with Trossard. Didnt get all that much to work with but his dribbles and crosses were superb and I'm very, very happy to have him back.

Mwepu 5 - meh.

Trossard 8 - continues to impress, but very alone today and looked like he had to do it all by himself due to how poor the others were.

Subs

Mac Allister 3 - young man: whatever this was, dont do it again.

Maupay 5 - did very limited useful things and his rating is only saved by how rough it is to play as a striker when everyone around you are shit.

Webster - played too little to get a rating

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Much as it pains me, got to agree with the above poster. Mac Allister was so shit for such a promising player, I really don't like seeing our more skilful players unable to complete a pass.

Veltman also absolutely toilet.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Sanchez 4 - aside for two nice balls to Lamptey and March, Sanchez was poor in every department today. Gets a plus point in his rating due to the red, oddly enough. It was the right decision if it was a decision.

Duffy 6 - while it frequently looked like him and Dunk played their first game together, he didnt really do much wrong today.

Dunk 6 - see Duffy.

Veltman 4 - decent defensively, very very poor passing and threw away a number of attacks by making bad decisions. Probably his worst game in the Brighton shirt.

Cucurella 4 - nice bit of running but finishing was poor, crossing was poor, passing was poor, duelling was mostly poor.

Bissouma 5 - not his usual self. Not bad but by his standards it was a very disappointing performance.

Lallana 5 - some good pressure and didnt give the ball away much but for someone who is supposed to be a playmaker, we really didnt see much of that at all.

Lamptey 8 - best player for Brighton today along with Trossard. Didnt get all that much to work with but his dribbles and crosses were superb and I'm very, very happy to have him back.

Mwepu 5 - meh.

Trossard 8 - continues to impress, but very alone today and looked like he had to do it all by himself due to how poor the others were.

Subs

Maupay 5 - did very limited useful things and his rating is only saved by how rough it is to play as a striker when everyone around you are shit.

Cucurella has done brilliantly for us, but we saw some alarming holes in his game today. If anything the ratings of him (and Maupay) are generous.
I was particularly disappointed with Lallana today. It was exactly the type of game for him to earn his sizeable wages, yet he went missing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

Dunk 6 - see Duffy.

Mwepu 5 - meh.

Subs

Pretty much as I saw it though would have made Trossard our clear MOTM and a point better than Lamptey .

We really needed someone to get the ball to Lamptey quickly and we din't. We needed Tossard to be the man in the box as he is only one with the skills and footwork to beat a crowed defence. He started playing deeper and we looked useless/toothless.

Shame was hoping to see Sarmiento another player who should be good at unpicking these tight defences.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 4- Regardless of the sending off, which was the right thing to do at the time. His passing was appalling again, putting us under so much unnecessary pressure. Beginning to think GK needs to be second on our priority list for the summer, he has looked a bag of nerves recently.

Veltman 5 Did ok, but hasn't looked anywhere near as good this season as he did last season

Dunk 6 Dunk being Dunk.

Duffy 6 Same as, not much bad, nothing exceptional

Lamptey 6 He looked decent and obv still getting back to sharpness, but didn't think he was as effective today playing from the start

Lallana 6 Ended up doing Bissouma's job of being at the heart of most of our passing, but he was playing way too deep to have an impact IMO. His finishing is really shit.

Bissouma 5 Looked very off colour today. None of the usual energy we see from him. Disappointing.

Mwepu 5 Didn't necessarily do badly but just couldn't get into the game

Cucurella 5 At fault for the goal with crap marking at a set piece after an earlier let off. Was ok otherwise.

March 4 Just offered nothing playing further forward today

Trossard 7 Played very well for the majority of the game again. Great to see him putting in this level of performance consistently now.

Mac Allister 3 Bloody hell...

Maupay 5 Obviously a frustrating one for him today. Always will be when we are playing at 2mph against a team playing with 11 behind the ball.

Webster 5 Did ok but also made some weird mistakes. We've desperately miss him though.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Cucurella has done brilliantly for us, but we saw some alarming holes in his game today. If anything the ratings of him (and Maupay) are generous.
I was particularly disappointed with Lallana today. It was exactly the type of game for him to earn his sizeable wages, yet he went missing.

In addition, his shooting makes Bissouma's look good. Missed a sitter today.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Thought Lallana, Tross, Lamptey and Webster were ok. Others poor. Especially Solly today. A battle! Still only 2 defeats out of 11

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Thought Lallana, Tross, Lamptey and Webster were ok. Others poor. Especially Solly today. A battle! Still only 2 defeats out of 11

Agree, I thought lallana was excellent especially first half.
Solly was very disappointing, looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
[Trying to base it on both halves, not just THAT final half hour:]

Sanchez - 5. I knew they’d score from close in. Allowed wknr Wilson to put him off his game throughout.

Veltman - 6. Surprisingly for the ex-Ajax man, giving the ball away when under no pressure.
Duffy - 5. Defended well, can’t pass and Howe played on that, leaving him unmarked to slow us down.
Dunk - 5. No passing game today, again Howe happy with him having the ball.

The triumvirate of Sanchez, Duffy & Dunk fell apart in the last 30, trying to hand the basement club a win with suicidal positioning. Why FFS?

Lamptey - 8.5 MOTM. Some stunning crosses, then wasted by others.
Cucurella - 6.5. Man marked, his least effective game for us?

Bissouma - 7. The boss, their CM’s gave up in 50:50’s. But lateral passing and runs, killed us.
Mwepu - 3. Started brightly, faded. A work in progress.
Lallana - 7. Pulled the strings, but few listened.
March - 5. Battled, but crowded out down that mobbed right side.

Trossard - 8. Creative, he got hacked to death, great pen. No class next to him.

Mac Allister - 3. Game passed him by.
Webster - 3. His services weren’t used, I thought he’d make barnstorming runs to unsettle their lines.
Maupay - 2. Did he play?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
[Trying to base it on both halves, not just THAT final half hour:]

Sanchez - 5. I knew they’d score from close in. Allowed wknr Wilson to put him off his game throughout.

Veltman - 6. Surprisingly for the ex-Ajax man, giving the ball away when under no pressure.
Duffy - 5. Defended well, can’t pass and Howe played on that, leaving him unmarked to slow us down.
Dunk - 5. No passing game today, again Howe happy with him having the ball.

The triumvirate of Sanchez, Duffy & Dunk fell apart in the last 30, trying to hand the basement club a win with suicidal positioning. Why FFS?

Lamptey - 8.5 MOTM. Some stunning crosses, then wasted by others.
Cucurella - 6.5. Man marked, his least effective game for us?

Bissouma - 7. The boss, their CM’s gave up in 50:50’s. But lateral passing and runs, killed us.
Mwepu - 3. Started brightly, faded. A work in progress.
Lallana - 7. Pulled the strings, but few listened.
March - 5. Battled, but crowded out down that mobbed right side.

Trossard - 8. Creative, he got hacked to death, great pen. No class next to him.

Mac Allister - 3. Game passed him by.
Webster - 3. His services weren’t used, I thought he’d make barnstorming runs to unsettle their lines.
Maupay - 2. Did he play?
Was warned by an Ajax mate that they binned veltman because his distribution is so bad. He also got hounded out of the national team as well because of this.

I couldn't really see it but more and more I'm seeing it this season. Think he's good enough for us but we will probably need to do better if we want to finish top half.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was warned by an Ajax mate that they binned veltman because his distribution is so bad. He also got hounded out of the national team as well because of this.

I couldn't really see it but more and more I'm seeing it this season. Think he's good enough for us but we will probably need to do better if we want to finish top half.

My POTS 2020/21.

It stood out today for me, because it was so unlike Veltman.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez - 5. One extra point for taking one for the team
Veltman - 6
Duffy - 5.5
Dunk - 5.5
Lamptey - 6.5
Cucurella - 5.5
Bissouma - 5. Off the pace
Mwepu - 5
Lallana - 5.5
March - 5
Trossard - 7.5. Mom

Mac Allister - 5
Webster - 5
Maupay - 5

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Veltman was excellent last week

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That 2nd half one of our worst displays. Even in 1st half so much faffing around at back and slow to get it forward. Maybe defenders would say midfielders did not make themselves available to receive the ball. In 1st half Newcastlke looked one of worst sides I have seen and to some up they looked better then us in 2nd half. What an opportunity missed.

Sanchez 4 Saved us a point but looked shaky all game. So slow to release ball which means everybody marked up and defenders have no one to give it to
Veltman 6 Defended ok against decent winger.
Dunk 6 Against a poor side did ok but strangely looked uncomfortable against long balls in 2nd half
Duffy 6 As above but should be replaced by Webster.
Lamptey 6 Always a danger. Much better playing as a wingback and attacking in space than playing as he seemed today as an out and out winger. If we wanted to win should have stayed on
Cucrrella 6 Promised a lot but achieved very little
Bissouma 6 Down from usual standard but did feel Lalana and Mwepu didnt make themselves available in front of him
Mwepu 4 Job was to be available to receive ball in attacking positions and failed.
Lalana 5 Average and why is he so crap at shooting
Trossard 7 Good game but for this to work has to have midfield support near him which didnt happen.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Disappointing today

Sanchez - 5 - handling good, kicking atrocious other than two passes
Veltman - 5 - careless
Duffy - 5
Dunk - 6
Cucurella - 5 - bit of a one trick pony? Show him on his right and he’ll go backwards
Lamptey - 6
Bissouma - 5 - thought he was affected by the booing
Lallana - 7 - MoM for me
Mwepu - 5
March - 5
Trossard - 7

MacAllister - 5 - poorest I’ve seen from him
Maupay - 5
Webster - 6

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 2 - An alarming non catch before a calamitous decision to come 30 yards out of his goal. He'll come again

Veltman - 6 - A brilliant cross in the first half which a striker would have scored from, (if we had one on the pitch). One of many to fade badly at the end
Duffy - 6 - Unspectacular, but can't fault the big fella. Should keep the shirt
Dunk - 6 - Largely unable to get us moving forward with his passing. Little actual defending to do

Lamptey - 8 - Searing pace and directness was a constant threat. Him coming off was one of the turning points of the game
Lallana - 5 - His miss, which was basically an 18 yard pass with half the goal to aim at was the other turning point and changed the game. A quality player in the middle of the park, but utterly dreadful in front of goal. I should add though that I was impressed with his energy levels and application for a bloke his age.
Bissouma - 5 - Slowed us down too often
Cuccerella - 5- Ridiculous decision to cut back on his left when presented with a shooting chance centre of goal on his right. Not good enough for a player at this level. Apart from that showed his usual decent energy

Mwepu - 4 - Rightly withdrawn
March - 5 - Dependable player, but today a little predictable
Trossard - 8 - In the form of his life. Showed some incredible skill in tight areas. Didn't think it was a great pen, but went in I suppose

MacAllister - 2 - Very loose in possession. This won't help his cause in the race for midfield selection
Webster - 3 - Duffy and Veltman are rightly picked above him on current form
Maupay - 4 - Wanted to see more movement in behind and more threat from him. Can't complain if he doesn't get back in the team soon

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
That 2nd half one of our worst displays. Even in 1st half so much faffing around at back and slow to get it forward. Maybe defenders would say midfielders did not make themselves available to receive the ball. In 1st half Newcastlke looked one of worst sides I have seen and to some up they looked better then us in 2nd half. What an opportunity missed.

Sanchez 4 Saved us a point but looked shaky all game. So slow to release ball which means everybody marked up and defenders have no one to give it to
Veltman 6 Defended ok against decent winger.
Dunk 6 Against a poor side did ok but strangely looked uncomfortable against long balls in 2nd half
Duffy 6 As above but should be replaced by Webster.
Lamptey 6 Always a danger. Much better playing as a wingback and attacking in space than playing as he seemed today as an out and out winger. If we wanted to win should have stayed on
Cucrrella 6 Promised a lot but achieved very little
Bissouma 6 Down from usual standard but did feel Lalana and Mwepu didnt make themselves available in front of him
Mwepu 4 Job was to be available to receive ball in attacking positions and failed.
Lalana 5 Average and why is he so crap at shooting
Trossard 7 Good game but for this to work has to have midfield support near him which didnt happen.
March 4 Very poor

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

Dunk 6 - see Duffy.

Mwepu 5 - meh.

Subs

About right. March doesn’t have enough end product to play that far forward imho. Thought Lamptey was more a 7 - good but tired and probably should have been taken off a bit sooner as look knackered. Mwepu perhaps a bit generous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here