Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving the Bridge car park

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Decided to try a new method of getting to a 5:30 kick off. Train is too volatile as to when you will get home and coach gets to the ground too late to get a seat in my lounge meaning trying to get and eat something for dinner isn't easy - not really the provision of counters like there is on the concourses. So I will forego alcohol and use The Bridge. I know leaving straight away is a nightmare so can hang around to let it die down but the question is - how long? Only used it for cup games before so I don't know how long it takes to clear.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Decided to try a new method of getting to a 5:30 kick off. Train is too volatile as to when you will get home and coach gets to the ground too late to get a seat in my lounge meaning trying to get and eat something for dinner isn't easy - not really the provision of counters like there is on the concourses. So I will forego alcohol and use The Bridge. I know leaving straight away is a nightmare so can hang around to let it die down but the question is - how long? Only used it for cup games before so I don't know how long it takes to clear.

I hate the place but been forced to use it after not being able to renew the uni season ticket. Used it several times this year. It was definitely quicker than it used to be for the first couple of matches but those games were badly attended. I waited about half an hour in the West Upper after the game and then pretty much drove straight out. For the city match we left at the same sort of time but waited about 10-15 minutes to get out. I am going to wait at the ground for 45 minutes before leaving.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I hate the place but been forced to use it after not being able to renew the uni season ticket. Used it several times this year. It was definitely quicker than it used to be for the first couple of matches but those games were badly attended. I waited about half an hour in the West Upper after the game and then pretty much drove straight out. For the city match we left at the same sort of time but waited about 10-15 minutes to get out. I am going to wait at the ground for 45 minutes before leaving.
Perfect - thanks for that. Sick of these 5:30 kick offs. Don't normally bother with food but not much choice at this time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Is waiting 10 - 15 minutes in the car before departing really that long in the great scheme of things?, (although plus the half an hour in the stadium first of course).

I travel by North West Sussex Seagulls coach, and we normally have to wait 30 - 45 minutes on the coach before the coach park marshalls allow us to depart!

Waiting a while post match seems to be pretty much part of the Amex experience these days, for a stress free departure.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've been in The Bridge 3 times this season and been out within 10 or 15 minutes max. Leave a flask of coffee in the car for when you get back and enjoy a snack and Radio Sussex post match while you wait.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is waiting 10 - 15 minutes in the car before departing really that long in the great scheme of things?, (although plus the half an hour in the stadium first of course).

Agreed. I'd just prefer to wait at the ground and chat rather than edge slowly in the car where I can't properly relax.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I've been in The Bridge 3 times this season and been out within 10 or 15 minutes max. Leave a flask of coffee in the car for when you get back and enjoy a snack and Radio Sussex post match while you wait.

Coffee after midday ends badly for me! Sounds like it isn't as bad as the horror stories from years ago. I don't have the patience to queue in the car for 30 minutes plus.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A lot depends on where you park within the car park….although even close to the exit is no guarantee….first few games it was relatively straightforward but then a couple of them it was only two thirds full….today and the City match batches of tickets have been released after the initial ‘sold out’…it was certainly busier for City and I anticipate the same today.

It is what it is….personally I don’t rush away…stay to applaud the players off the pitch…saunter down to the car park and as someone has posted above take a flask of coffee plus nibbles and listen to the radio…still I only live along the coast for someone travelling some distance I can see there must be some frustration

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
A lot depends on where you park within the car park….although even close to the exit is no guarantee….first few games it was relatively straightforward but then a couple of them it was only two thirds full….today and the City match batches of tickets have been released after the initial ‘sold out’…it was certainly busier for City and I anticipate the same today.

It is what it is….personally I don’t rush away…stay to applaud the players off the pitch…saunter down to the car park and as someone has posted above take a flask of coffee plus nibbles and listen to the radio…still I only live along the coast for someone travelling some distance I can see there must be some frustration

The frustrating thing is not getting a car park ticket after driving 120 miles.

Then hear people moan about driving a few miles and being home for dinner!!

Parking at the Uni today thanks to a NSC user who wasn’t using his car park ticket.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The frustrating thing is not getting a car park ticket after driving 120 miles.

Then hear people moan about driving a few miles and being home for dinner!!

Parking at the Uni today thanks to a NSC user who wasn’t using his car park ticket.

It is frustrating and poor imo that the club hasn't tried to explain the parking fiasco.

No-one is moaning about not being home in time for dinner. You made that up. The thread was started by someone asking advice in order to minimise inconvenience. No-one wants that, whether we live nearby or far.

I am glad someone was able to get you a ticket.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It is frustrating and poor imo that the club hasn't tried to explain the parking fiasco.

Pretty sure they have done this but it basically amounted to “it’s not our fault”. Sorry don’t have a link. Maybe it was the recent fans forum?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Pretty sure they have done this but it basically amounted to “it’s not our fault”. Sorry don’t have a link. Maybe it was the recent fans forum?
I wasn't aware of that. But at the same time, to be told that you can renew seasonal parking and then apparently you can't is annoying.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I’ve posted my views on here before about this. I think it’s extremely poor form by the club to sell you a season ticket and then tell you two weeks before the start of the season that you can’t buy a season ticket for parking - then to say that it wasn’t their fault.

Still, it is what it is. I agree there’s a fair bit of luck involved in how long it takes to get out. The longer you leave it, the easier it is - mainly because the big delay is caused by fans crossing the road in front of the bridge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
mainly because the big delay is caused by fans crossing the road in front of the bridge.

Would be better for everyone involved if there was a footbridge over the railway tracks there. Will never happen as would cost a lot and no one will want to pay.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Arrived about 5.15 car park about half full at a guess (I’m still here)..I’m a bit perplexed as it doesn’t seem to have been anywhere near capacity for a game where tickets were available

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
If you leave on final whistle and brisk jog to Bridge youlll be out straight away

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Arrived about 5.15 car park about half full at a guess (I’m still here)..I’m a bit perplexed as it doesn’t seem to have been anywhere near capacity for a game where tickets were available
Do you mean the queue was bad in spite of being half empty?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
If you leave on final whistle and brisk jog to Bridge youlll be out straight away

That is what I ended up doing - although brisk jog would be definitely overstating it. See what people mean about the tunnel - never seen so many people with a death wish. Not sure I will do it again as sort of the point of getting a 1901 seat is to sit and have a couple of drinks whilst watching another game. But yet another poxy 5:30 ko to come. Back to the train, I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here