Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] 5 months beyond your second vaccination jab?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I understand the NHS national vaccination booking site has been updated and will now allow you to book a booster when you are 2 jabs + 5 months, although you can't book the actual appointment until a date 6 months after your second jab.

Maybe get in quick before this becomes common knowledge and the site is deluged, as it opens it up to c10m people.

https://www.nhs.uk/book-a-coronavirus-vaccination/do-you-have-an-nhs-number

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I understand the NHS national vaccination booking site has been updated and will now allow you to book a booster when you are 2 jabs + 5 months, although you can't book the actual appointment until a date 6 months after your second jab.

Maybe get in quick before this becomes common knowledge and the site is deluged, as it opens it up to c10m people.

I'm trying to get my 2nd jab in Eastbourne but cant get one at all, nearest availability is Ore. Having spoken to the service this week they think it's likely due to the high level of boosters being given out, so keep trying was the advice

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Thank you, jus booked my boster for 28 November, 6 months 2 days after my second jab

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It failed, we got the same old message. In effect having to wait another week, until 6 months + 1 week have passed.

DB5B73D9-6355-4C81-B88B-0952CACE7E87.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Everyone I know who had the booster has felt shytte

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Booked mine for Churchill Square.

If any anti-vaxers want to stop this happening on the 26th there will some serious chair luzzing coming your way.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade

Thanks Bozza. All booked up at the Brighton Centre on the 22nd.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Cheers for this, my second was in June, booster booked in at Churchill Square 1st December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks, now booked for next Tuesday.

FYI, the pharmacy was calling for "walk-ins" last week, as it had surplus vaccines that had to be used by Thursday afternoon. Apparently they were allowed to reduce the 6-month requirement by a maximum of one week, but that still left me 3 days short.

Are flu jabs being routinely offered at the same time?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Thanks, now booked for next Tuesday.

FYI, the pharmacy was calling for "walk-ins" last week, as it had surplus vaccines that had to be used by Thursday afternoon. Apparently they were allowed to reduce the 6-month requirement by a maximum of one week, but that still left me 3 days short.

Are flu jabs being routinely offered at the same time?

Did they say why? Are they holding some back just in case of kids/non vaccinated walk ins?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Did they say why? Are they holding some back just in case of kids/non vaccinated walk ins?

Why the surplus, do you mean? They didn't say, but I think from the start there were appeals to use up spare shots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here