NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nah not for me.

I'm #TeamKingstonianNightmare

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Was at both and fortunately or unfortunately, like most other games in that era, remember not one damn thing!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The away game was in a cow field, which proved to be a good leveller. The home team ploughed their way to a draw, which was a decent effort and a stay of execution before the league team at home on a decent pitch, showed them the gulf in class....
Except what followed was a gutless half arsed performance. The opposition defended deep and showed limited ambition, we attacked shallow and showed limited ambition.
I think we went out on penalties, or was it a late winner? Right up to the bitter end I was still thinking class will tell. With hindsight it probably did.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh I went to both.

Utterly grim

Suffolk farmers were non too welcoming from memory

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Remember the trip to Sudbury and the replay at The Goldstone.

Sadly, it felt like a headline-grabbing upset was always going to be on the cards and so it proved with the Postman, Solicitor, Forklift Truck Driver et al prevailing just like Woking had beaten West Brom a few seasons before.

A real low point in my Albion-supporting history, but as they say, you have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good and boy, are we enjoying good times now!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Was there too. This was worse for me contextually as it showed the depths of the decline. Kingstonian was just an old fashioned shock and we didn’t actually play that badly.

Bizarrely Kingstonian does stick in my mind because of the pre match entertainment. Normally the preserve of northern boozers we stumbled into a pub that had lunchtime strippers. With a sense of foreboding I vividly recall at about 2.30 somebody suggesting that we ought to drink up and go and watch another bunch of cxxts!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nah not for me.

I'm #TeamKingstonianNightmare

I went to that one. I was living in Kingston and working in Surbiton at the time and I even played 5 a side every Wednesday evening at Kingsmeadow so was really looking forward to seeing the Albion win there. What a f**king shambles.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal..._medium&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1636047162

Christ is that really 25 years ago?! I was at both games. Fond memories of a long range Jeff Mintbum goal whilst sat in what can only be described as the Camelot stand and banging my head on the ceiling when he did.

Less said about the home game the better…

What are other people’s memories?

You were lucky. I went to that game and saw a 0-0 draw. You saw a Jeff Minton goal somehow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I went to that one. I was living in Kingston and working in Surbiton at the time and I even played 5 a side every Wednesday evening at Kingsmeadow so was really looking forward to seeing the Albion win there. What a f**king shambles.

You should have kept your boots on.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I remember being on a cramped train on a single line to Sudbury, from Manningtree or such like?

At the game, I was standing quite close to the halfway line by their main stand and this tall, long-haired chap just kept given us all abuse for the entire match. The contest was instantly forgettable.

The glory days of Kingstonian, Canvey Island and Sudbury.

A hat-trick of shite: shite places, shite players, shite results.

But, excellent support and probably a few laughs along the way.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I remember being on a cramped train on a single line to Sudbury, from Manningtree or such like?

At the game, I was standing quite close to the halfway line by their main stand and this tall, long-haired chap just kept given us all abuse for the entire match. The contest was instantly forgettable.

The glory days of Kingstonian, Canvey Island and Sudbury.

A hat-trick of shite: shite places, shite players, shite results.

But, excellent support and probably a few laughs along the way.

Very harsh, Kingsmeadow is quite a nice ground and Kingston is lovely.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Very harsh, Kingsmeadow is quite a nice ground and Kingston is lovely.

Fair point. I was really referring to Albion world at the time, which was shite!

Sudbury was a nice place too.

Canvey on the other hand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here