Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] New Sussex captain

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is Travis Head (in the county championship).
His form did pick up during the last Summer.
He also has captaincy experience in Australia.
We will need to recruit, but not a bad appointment imo.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
183 runs @18.3 from 11 innings, HS of 49 *

Take his only decent knock out of that and his average was 13.4.

Being an optimist I'll just say he's coming back with something to prove.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
But whatever happened to Ben Brown’s captaincy?
No explanation from the club…AGAIN!
As a Sussex fan, I’d rather have a local boy captaining my team rather than walking Aussie wicket who’s only here for pay cheque.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is good news. Came into some form last year eventually and is playing all three formats.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/travis-head-signs-2022-named-championship-captain

Decent form now

The 27-year-old is averaging nearly 55 after three matches of the Sheffield Shield first-class competition, with a top-score of 163 against Western Australia in the opening round.

In the Marsh Cup one-day competition, Travis is the leading run-scorer after making an incredible 230 from 127 balls in South Australia’s victory over Queensland last month.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Love the way people are criticising this decision because he spent most of the summer looking like he'd never used a bat before, like that somehow doesn't make him the ideal leader for this team

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
https://sussexcricket.co.uk/news/travis-head-signs-2022-named-championship-captain

Decent form now

The 27-year-old is averaging nearly 55 after three matches of the Sheffield Shield first-class competition, with a top-score of 163 against Western Australia in the opening round.

In the Marsh Cup one-day competition, Travis is the leading run-scorer after making an incredible 230 from 127 balls in South Australia’s victory over Queensland last month.

No one is challenging his form and runs in Australia. It’s red ball cricket at Hove in April, May, June and September where he’ll be judged by Sussex fans. I guess he wouldn’t be coming here if it wasn’t for the captain’s salary.

Wonder where Ben Brown will end up.

Could be worse. We could be Yorkshire!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here