Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Yorkshire cricket.end off

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The outgoing Yorkshire chairman Roger Hutton seems happy enough to start being a bit more open....

Speaking about the ECB, Hutton, who will be questioned by MPs alongside senior Yorkshire officials and Rafiq on 16 November, added: "I was saddened when they declined to help as I felt it was a matter of great importance for the game as a whole.

"It is a matter of record that I have continually expressed my frustration at the ECB's reluctance to act."

How long before Tom Harrison gets pulled under?

What help did he need from the ECB? Surely anything happening at the club is on their watch and there are plenty of avenues that could have been explored for suspensions, sackings etc? The whole point was they did nothing to very little to address this

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
What help did he need from the ECB? Surely anything happening at the club is on their watch and there are plenty of avenues that could have been explored for suspensions, sackings etc? The whole point was they did nothing to very little to address this

Agreed.
But still interesting that he's also calling out the ECB for a lack of help. They won't like that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The shame with all of this - is it just opens the door for government involvement which I don't think we really need - but unless football / cricket / whatever get their house in order it will inevitably happen

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can’t believe Michael Vaughan would say anything like that.

Also Michael Vaughan

[tweet]27425121557[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Rashid or Naveed back up what Rafiq heard, thenVaughan is in big trouble...if he isn't already.

2 other players who were there have already come out and said they heard what he said as well

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2 other players who were there have already come out and said they heard what he said as well

I didn't know whether that was official quoted to the players themselves, or whether that was just reported that 2 players had?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

Possibly a little unfair on him as an individual, if the article covering his resignation statement is anything to go by:

"Hutton, who joined the club in April 2020 after Azeem had left, was the man who called for Yorkshire's report into the issue and has remained insistent that he wanted to publish its findings. Indeed, it is believed that, in recent weeks, he became convinced that the club would have to sack most of its coaching staff and much of its management team if it was to rebuild with a more healthy culture.

"But, thwarted by legal advice and a club management which insisted they had nothing to learn or regret, Hutton was unable to implement the changes he desired. Finally, with politicians blaming him for the club culture and the club management sensing him as the enemy, he stepped down with immediate effect while also calling for the club's chief executive, Mark Arthur, and director of cricket, Martyn Moxon, to resign. A couple of non-executive directors who remained loyal to Hutton are also likely to announce their resignation today."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...bemoans-ecb-reluctance-to-act-earlier-1287604

If you're trying to get changes made in that sort of environment you need all the help you can get.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The shame with all of this - is it just opens the door for government involvement which I don't think we really need - but unless football / cricket / whatever get their house in order it will inevitably happen

If that is truly the case then God help us - this government can't organise a piss up in a brewery, is institutionally and individually corrupt and is led by the biggest self-serving buffoon the world has ever seen :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If that is truly the case then God help us - this government can't organise a piss up in a brewery, is institutionally and individually corrupt and is led by the biggest self-serving buffoon the world has ever seen :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

It's already happening. Julian Knight seem happy speaking all over the media and essentially pre-judging the select committee in a few weeks before he had even seen the whole report.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Possibly a little unfair on him as an individual, if the article covering his resignation statement is anything to go by:

"Hutton, who joined the club in April 2020 after Azeem had left, was the man who called for Yorkshire's report into the issue and has remained insistent that he wanted to publish its findings. Indeed, it is believed that, in recent weeks, he became convinced that the club would have to sack most of its coaching staff and much of its management team if it was to rebuild with a more healthy culture.

"But, thwarted by legal advice and a club management which insisted they had nothing to learn or regret, Hutton was unable to implement the changes he desired. Finally, with politicians blaming him for the club culture and the club management sensing him as the enemy, he stepped down with immediate effect while also calling for the club's chief executive, Mark Arthur, and director of cricket, Martyn Moxon, to resign. A couple of non-executive directors who remained loyal to Hutton are also likely to announce their resignation today."

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/...bemoans-ecb-reluctance-to-act-earlier-1287604

If you're trying to get changes made in that sort of environment you need all the help you can get.

They weren't called the Yorshire-Mafia for nothing....

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
"Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughn to miss radio show amid racism claims, bbc says"

I'm sure he'll be able to catch it on BBC sounds later.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
"Former England cricket captain Michael Vaughn to miss radio show amid racism claims, bbc says"

I'm sure he'll be able to catch it on BBC sounds later.

You wicked boy 😂

But in all seriousness Vaughan cannot take this lying down, the Telegraph have obviously backed him by allowing him the right to reply via his column, but how far will he have to go in order to clear his name?

He’s scheduled to be part of Aussie TV’s Ashes coverage, but these allegations will probably be viewed as a badge of honour Down Under. 🙈

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here