Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Yorkshire cricket.end off

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Sussex Cricket has worked extremely hard in terms of supporting a proper diversity and inclusion policy in all aspects of their activity.

Always more to be done and only partial success but Crawley Eagles, Kerala Strikers, Crawley CC and Ram CC have all prospered in recent times. Hopefully more players will come through to follow Dan Ibrahim.

Ibrahim is also an example of an issue around "private school cricketers" and demographic reach in the game. Most, if not all, of the private school cricketers are on scholarships and the majority did not attend private junior schools. This has been the case for a while now - with Chris Adams being an early case.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
YCC has lost 2 more sponsors and have been suspended from holding international matches

I wonder if this may take the club under! They spent a lot of money on Headingly to get international cricket and now having so many companies step away and the ICC ( or whoever awards test/ international matches) putting them boot in.

I really fear for the club I have supported since I could first hold a bat and my father played second XI cricket for in the 60’s.

Total incompetence of the board, but the final sanction for institutional racism which is what is being pursued will be disbanding the club and everything that goes with it, maybe that is what he wants as a remedy?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I wonder if this may take the club under! They spent a lot of money on Headingly to get international cricket and now having so many companies step away and the ICC ( or whoever awards test/ international matches) putting them boot in.

I really fear for the club I have supported since I could first hold a bat and my father played second XI cricket for in the 60’s.

Total incompetence of the board, but the final sanction for institutional racism which is what is being pursued will be disbanding the club and everything that goes with it, maybe that is what he wants as a remedy?

Sorry Dave but I can't agree. First of all, it's not just the institutional racism but the cover-up that stinks. If the club had come clean, apologised, put measures in place to clean the Augean stables, it may have got away relatively harmlessly but they didn't: they said they'd done nothing wrong and tried to smear Azeem - it's not good enough.

Secondly, the supporters aren't innocent in this. Unlike football, cricket clubs are run by members and it's the members who think this tone-deaf bunch of 50s knuckle draggers are the best fit for the club, then it's the members who should feel the consequences.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

The report says that there was insufficient evidence of institutional racism. So they cannot be sanctioned under that criteria.

It may be helpful if it was just published.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
At least they still have the World's best:
-Beer
-Football Teams
-Scenery
-Food
-Pubs
-Restaurants
-Beaches

blah de blah de blah de PUKE!

TNBA

TTF

Don't forget Yorkshire Tea. Lauded as the Best in the World yet the most foul, brown, gut staining liquid disguised as tea ever!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sorry Dave but I can't agree. First of all, it's not just the institutional racism but the cover-up that stinks. If the club had come clean, apologised, put measures in place to clean the Augean stables, it may have got away relatively harmlessly but they didn't: they said they'd done nothing wrong and tried to smear Azeem - it's not good enough.

Secondly, the supporters aren't innocent in this. Unlike football, cricket clubs are run by members and it's the members who think this tone-deaf bunch of 50s knuckle draggers are the best fit for the club, then it's the members who should feel the consequences.

So reading that you would be happy to see the club go? And I am an associate member, it’s my fault then is it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So reading that you would be happy to see the club go? And I am an associate member, it’s my fault then is it?

I don't think the club is going to go. Durham got hammered, for a lot less than Yorkshire did. But I do think that Yorkshire should be hit hard.

And no, you're not to blame, any more than anyone who's not a Tory can be blamed for the mess that the government is in. But, the plain fact is that most Yorkshire members are happy with the board, they need to learn to live with it ... just as the rest of us have to put up with Johnson

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They won’t go under. They just need a complete rebuild, whole new management structure and go from there

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I tend to agree, and just as I am Yorkie doesn’t mean I have white rose coloured specs. I think there is a bigger picture here and with the current climate, quite rightly, all aspects of racism and perceived racism are scrutinised to death. The fact that thenBBC has rolled out Dan Roan,who is the harbinger of doom for sport ( a bit like Witchell and the Royals) means this will run and run.

I can see every club being made to provide evidence that they are not racist and have never had cause to bury this as obviously Yorkshire CC tried to do.

:lolol: but so true. So it wasn’t just me who noticed Roan popping up at the slightest whiff of any story not about the sport.

Similarly, the BBC use Chris Jones to gleefully reveal any setback for the RFU, Eddie Jones and player injuries.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The debate about yccc is in danger of being sidetracked by arguments about what is/is not ok between friends.
Yccc have behaved very suspiciously throughout. Back in September an industrial tribunal judge ordered them to release the whole Newport by 8 October and they still haven't done that.

That was very kind of the judge. If I had to live in Newport I'd want to be released.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The outgoing Yorkshire chairman Roger Hutton seems happy enough to start being a bit more open....

Speaking about the ECB, Hutton, who will be questioned by MPs alongside senior Yorkshire officials and Rafiq on 16 November, added: "I was saddened when they declined to help as I felt it was a matter of great importance for the game as a whole.

"It is a matter of record that I have continually expressed my frustration at the ECB's reluctance to act."

How long before Tom Harrison gets pulled under?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here