Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Reason for my posts not being displayed?

Nov 2, 2021
Hi, as a new user and making my first post yesterday and another today, is there a reason why my posts are not being displayed?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Hi, as a new user and making my first post yesterday and another today, is there a reason why my posts are not being displayed?

That happened to me for a little while when I joined last year. My comments didn't appear for hours, but they did eventually.

I assumed it was normal, and that the moderators need to check you out, or at least check your posts are within the rules.
I also understand that we've history of the odd Palace fan trying to sneak on under the radar, so I expect they're watching out for this.

After a few posts over a few days, it seemed to settle down, so I guess the same will apply to you. If it persists, get in contact with a mod and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
This post is about as daft as the email I received recently, where the sender asked me to let them know if I didn't receive it!

But on a more serious note, I believe the moderators check out content of your first few posts, to make sure you're not going to spam the boards or are a Palace fan, although we do let a few on, as playthings.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
There is I understand an internal audit that takes about 12 hours just to check any new signs ups are not Palace in disguise.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That happened to me for a little while when I joined last year. My comments didn't appear for hours, but they did eventually.

I assumed it was normal, and that the moderators need to check you out, or at least check your posts are within the rules.
I also understand that we've history of the odd Palace fan trying to sneak on under the radar, so I expect they're watching out for this.

After a few posts over a few days, it seemed to settle down, so I guess the same will apply to you. If it persists, get in contact with a mod and I'm sure he'll sort you out.

This is essentially it.

The first posts from a new user need to be manually vetted prior to appearing.

I try to do this in a timely fashion, as I appreciate it can be a bit frustrating to make a post and it not appear for a while, particularly as the conversation may have moved on significantly by that time with the post now appearing several pages back and missed my many.

Unfortunately, sometimes I'm a bit tardy however, and it may be a few hours before I spy posts requiring review.

After a period of activity the board automatically promotes any new user to regular status and their posts appear immediately, the same as everyone else. Additionally you get access to private messaging and a few other bits and pieces.

So, in short, just stick with it, make your posts and you'll soon not have to wait.

I brought this in after *that* Middlesbrough game, when the site was being over-run with Boro fans seeking to be abusive and homophobic at a level never experienced on here before, not even by those lot up the M23.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This post is about as daft as the email I received recently, where the sender asked me to let them know if I didn't receive it!

But on a more serious note, I believe the moderators check out content of your first few posts, to make sure you're not going to spam the boards or are a Palace fan, although we do let a few on, as playthings.

[MENTION=23111]Dougie[/MENTION] & [MENTION=25756]Se20[/MENTION]

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

30fjrf.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here