Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Macclesfield FC and Robbie Savage.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I like his modern twist on his role as Director of Football.

He employees a first team manager and a first team assistant manager - and then delivers the pre-match, half-time and post match team talks in the dressing room himself, as well as barking in-game instructions and bollockings to the players from the touchline.

It was left to Jimbo (the rather odd groundsman who appears to live in a hut at the stadium), to impart the biggest piece of wisdom of the programme, when he told Robbie Savage, “what’s the point in employing someone if you’re going to do their job for them?”

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never forgiven him for his spell with us, just when we needed someone like Savage he couldn't be bothered, too far below him, total Rsole.

Arrived in his white Lambo at Withdean, and STUNK the place out. Agreed. Utter prick.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
My mate was very discerning about who he liked and didn't and after knowing Savage for years, described him as a top bloke - his view is good enough for me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As you know posted before,maybe worth a watch ? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/59134873[/url]

So, its just a TV show ? There was me thinking that Savage was going to use his footballing experience ( :rotlf: ) to benefit a struggling team away from the glare of publicity.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Robbie is a good guy, used to catch the train back to Macclesfield from the Amex after home games and see him often. Always very chatty, explained at length his reasons for playing for the Albion (where he was decent but lacked enough fitness to play 90 mins at times) and totally immersed in football.

Other broadcasters tend to like him except Alan Green, who RS described as a '"Bitter. money obsessed ****", which is fine by me.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I like his modern twist on his role as Director of Football.

He employees a first team manager and a first team assistant manager - and then delivers the pre-match, half-time and post match team talks in the dressing room himself, as well as barking zin-game instructions and bollockings to the players from the touchline.

It was left to Jimbo (the rather odd groundsman who appears to live in a hut at the stadium), to impart the biggest piece of wisdom of the programme, when he told Robbie Savage, “what’s the point in employing someone if you’re going to do their job for them?”
It was interesting to watch, a bit like the Sunderland documentary. But Savage interfered too much and I felt sorry for the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here