Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Football Manager 2022/2023

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyone else playing the beta? Full version out next week I believe.

I'm enjoying it so far, it's subtly different and it's not hugely buggy for a beta (from what I've experienced at least). A lot of people will complain that the game feels the same but there are definitely improvements and I don't regret the upgrade.

The new data hub is superb and has really helped in keeping an eye on what we're doing right/wrong and making tweaks where needed. A fair few of the players on our books now are down as 'wonderkids', so plenty of positives. I'm in March 2022 on my Albion save, 10th in the league and with an FA Cup sixth round game on the horizon.

I got Biss to sign a new contract as my first action but he wouldn't sign anything without a £45m release clause for Champions League clubs. Newcastle came in with a £55m bid in January and I had to sell as a few CL clubs were sniffing around. Now Newcastle are a few weeks away from relegation which will trigger his £30m release clause- I'll be sticking in my bid on the day it's confirmed. The art of the deal.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Biss still got shite determination in the game? Had to sell him in FM 2021 because of it.. felt bad.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jesus. Already? Another £40 I'll have to shell out....

I've only just taken FC Andorra to the Champions League in FM21 ffs.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
11, not ideal but he got a big upgrade everywhere else so is still very good in game. Lamptey and Trossard are the real stars so far though.

Still, going to have to sell him in this one as well. Key players with low determination pull the entire squad down so any time you have a great talent their determination will drop and they wont develop properly.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Still, going to have to sell him in this one as well. Key players with low determination pull the entire squad down so any time you have a great talent their determination will drop and they wont develop properly.

Fair point, he was influential in the dressing room as well which probably had a detrimental effect.

We are 11 games unbeaten since he left actually after being very patchy before that, maybe I need to rethink bringing him back. I've already replaced him with Mady Camara from Olympiacos who is basically Biss with better mentals and a higher work rate.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Fair point, he was influential in the dressing room as well which probably had a detrimental effect.

We are 11 games unbeaten since he left actually after being very patchy before that, maybe I need to rethink bringing him back. I've already replaced him with Mady Camara from Olympiacos who is basically Biss with better mentals and a higher work rate.

Check out Fausto Vera at Argentinos Juniors if you need another great young CM with high potential, he had a 7.5m release clause in FM21.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Still playing FM13 although I have had a little dabble with FM20. Having seen a lot of the stuff about FM22 I get the feeling the game is becoming like a full time managers job. Is the data hub simple and quick to use or is it something you have to spend ages pouring over to understand the stats? I sense that each year the data side grows in line with current trends and becomes a bit more of a ball ache rather than a fun footballing experience?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Still playing FM13 although I have had a little dabble with FM20. Having seen a lot of the stuff about FM22 I get the feeling the game is becoming like a full time managers job. Is the data hub simple and quick to use or is it something you have to spend ages pouring over to understand the stats? I sense that each year the data side grows in line with current trends and becomes a bit more of a ball ache rather than a fun footballing experience?

I've found the data hub to be easy to use. The data is easy to read and it's all laid out nicely. Reports on next opposition are very useful, as well as the ones on your own team. You can analyse the last 5 matches, see the weak points and the analysts will recommend areas where you can improve them. If you have good data analysts, you'll get well-presented, accurate and useful info.

It depends what you're after I suppose, one of my mates hasn't bought a game since FM12 as the thought of having to worry about squad hierarchy, social groups, data analysts and the like is just too much. Fair enough, but I love getting into the real minute details of the game and spending hours to play through a few in-game days.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I’ll get the new 1 for the iPad. I like the touch version as I work away a lot, I’ll start off as Eastbourne Borough as my challenge and get them to the Prem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I’m up to February in my first season, Biss comfortably the best player but also not a match winner. Trossard is my problem player, broke his leg but complained about his play time.
I loved FM21 and put 500 hours into it but this is another step forward again I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here