Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Yellow cards

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Just looked up to see if we have any players close to suspension and Veltman and Duffy have 4 bookings. Surprising to see Dunk no bookings in 10 games. Is he going soft

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just looked up to see if we have any players close to suspension and Veltman and Duffy have 4 bookings. Surprising to see Dunk no bookings in 10 games. Is he going soft

I think it’s very telling highlighting LD’s maturity, composure and fewer last ditch tackles.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was hoping for a Veltman card vs City but now quite happy it didnt happen.

Cant say I'm too worried, the squad is deep. Only minor worry is Sanchez two yellows but if he gets another three for timewasting when a goal up in the dying minutes, it might just be worth it..

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
No, his Improved positioning and reading of the game, means he no longer has make stupid tackles.
I think also, the presence of Bissouma shielding together with an experienced and familiar set of fellow central defenders has helped.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He usually plays about 10 games on a 4 card knife edge.

Maybe he's worked out it would be easier just to play pretending he's got 4 bookings!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As a club we have 25 in 10 games, second in the table behind Newcastle. So we are a dirty team it seems :smile:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

Cant say I'm too worried, the squad is deep. Only minor worry is Sanchez two yellows but if he gets another three for timewasting when a goal up in the dying minutes, it might just be worth it..

That has to be your most idiot post ever. Incredible! I applaud you.

May I suggest Veltman is one of our best defenders. And Big Bob Sanchez is an incredibly gifted young keeper.

No doubt you long for the return of the ‘style’ of Hoots and the ‘finesse’ of Duffy and BDB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That has to be your most idiot post ever. Incredible! I applaud you.

May I suggest Veltman is one of our best defenders. And Big Bob Sanchez is an incredibly gifted young keeper.

No doubt you long for the return of the ‘style’ of Hoots and the ‘finesse’ of Duffy and BDB.

Its not my "most idiot" post ever, I guarantee it.

I wanted him to get a yellow vs City so that he would be suspended for the unwinable game against Liverpool and instead play against the winable upcoming games. Not the worst idea eh?

In the end the Liverpool game appeared to be more winable than I initially thought, so I was wrong and I'm happy he played.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He's got 2 in 10 games. The cut off for 5 yellows is after the completion of 19 games which is the Brentford game. If he continues his average then he might be walking that yellow card tight-rope for those last couple of matches.

Veltman and Duffy look dicey at the moment and a ban will be coming soon, providing they are tactical and don't both pick up that 5th yellow in the same game.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Its not my "most idiot" post ever, I guarantee it.

I wanted him to get a yellow vs City so that he would be suspended for the unwinable game against Liverpool and instead play against the winable upcoming games. Not the worst idea eh?

In the end the Liverpool game appeared to be more winable than I initially thought, so I was wrong and I'm happy he played.

Ah, my apologies. I get it (now). I cannot honestly say I expected us to get a point at Anfield. We were brilliant [emoji2956].

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
He's got 2 in 10 games. The cut off for 5 yellows is after the completion of 19 games which is the Brentford game. If he continues his average then he might be walking that yellow card tight-rope for those last couple of matches.

Veltman and Duffy look dicey at the moment and a ban will be coming soon, providing they are tactical and don't both pick up that 5th yellow in the same game.

Yes this is it to me.

I think it might be worth big Shane .... ahem ... "managing" when the suspension occurs to ensure it doesn't coincide with Veltman's suspension or doesn't limit our options with managing Webby or Tariq's recovery from injury.

Put it this way. If I were a Newcastle striker and that game was 90+ minutes old and Veltman hadn't yet been booked. I'd be going nowhere near Duffy!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Yes this is it to me.

I think it might be worth big Shane .... ahem ... "managing" when the suspension occurs to ensure it doesn't coincide with Veltman's suspension or doesn't limit our options with managing Webby or Tariq's recovery from injury.

Put it this way. If I were a Newcastle striker and that game was 90+ minutes old and Veltman hadn't yet been booked. I'd be going nowhere near Duffy!

i seem to recall a time when Dunk had been one booking away for 4 or 5 games, and we had a "relatively" easy game next followed by a run of tougher games . In the last couple of mins of the game he made the most ludicrous challenge on some poor player who had a "what the ****" look all over his face as there really was no need at all for any challenge, let alone one that took the player out., Dunk was duly carded, missed the next game but was available for the harder ones after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here