Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sergio Ageuro heart problem.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He came off on Saturday after feeling some discomfort in his chest.
Now, after medical investigations has been rested for 3 months on the orders of Dr Brugada, a cardiac surgeon who, along with his brother was the first doctors to ‘ discover’ Brugada syndrome, a rare cardiac arrhythmia condition.

21A2EA42-DAEF-410B-92C8-6AC5E098F72B.jpeg

68BFBEF4-A47D-4010-9B0B-69AF5917C69E.png

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Good luck and best wishes to him.

As for Barca, more financial woes paying a high earner who can't play for them.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Good thing they discovered it before anything bad happened.

I don't really understand why it wasn't picked up earlier. If he had had a full ECG either at City or when he joined Barca,I'm surprised they don't specifically look for this type of heart defect.
It is the same type of thing as Christian Ericson, Fabrice Muamba and Vivien Foe have had.

The ex England cricketer James Taylor had exactly this.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't really understand why it wasn't picked up earlier. If he had had a full ECG either at City or when he joined Barca,I'm surprised they don't specifically look for this type of heart defect.
It is the same thing as Christian Ericson, Fabrice Muamba and Vivien Foe have had.

Maybe it is recent, due to Covid or the vaccine? Unusual but it happens.

Could see Barca missing it due to cutting some costs in their medical team but would be strange if City missed it for like ten years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It is the same type of thing as Christian Ericson, Fabrice Muamba and Vivien Foe have had.

Some had Brugada and others had hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, didn't they? There are also other heritable long QT syndromes too. The hard one to detect is hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in athletes because their hearts enlarge as a response to their job.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Could see Barca missing it due to cutting some costs in their medical team but would be strange if City missed it for like ten years.

That is complete and utter bollocks.

All the conditions described are heritable - they are the products of tiny mutations that alter the function of cardiac ion channels and currents such as IKr and IKs.

Please stop spreading lies about the Covid vaccine!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

And probably it wasn't.

Why covid or the vaccine specifically anyway?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

This is how misinformation is spread on the internet. Someone suggests a risk related to the vaccine (which appears completely unfounded or certainly has been presented without any evidence), these 'risks' get repeated more and more, with more and more certainty, and then people start to believe them, or at least worry about them enough to not get a vaccine. If enough people don't get a certain vaccine then you start getting preventable deaths from the illness.

Jul 25, 2021
Why are so many sports people having heart problems/extreme illnesses of recent? I knew someone (vaguely) who actually played at Withdean against us for Leyton Orient called Sam Oji who passed away a few months ago at just the age of 35. There's been tons of similar cases. Look what happened to Seb Eubank earlier too. So strange how it's been happening a lot of recent to such healthy people.

Has there ever been a time before when we've seen so many sports people in such bad situations health wise before? Maybe all this lockdown stress is causing too much danger for people?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And probably it wasn't.

Why covid or the vaccine specifically anyway?

That is complete and utter bollocks.

All the conditions described are heritable - they are the products of tiny mutations that alter the function of cardiac ion channels and currents such as IKr and IKs.

Please stop spreading lies about the Covid vaccine!

Arrhythmias are reported side effects of covid-19 as well as the vaccine (and no fundamentalism will change that) so a not un-plausible response to why his issues might have been undetected until this pandemic year. Obviously no idea if there is any relation just like I obviously have no idea if there is any relation of it going undetected to Barcelonas economical crisis and that they appear to be cutting spenditure everywhere :shrug:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Arrhythmias are reported side effects of covid-19 as well as the vaccine (and no fundamentalism will change that) so a not un-plausible response to why his issues might have been undetected until this pandemic year. Obviously no idea if there is any relation just like I obviously have no idea if there is any relation of it going undetected to Barcelonas economical crisis and that they appear to be cutting spenditure everywhere :shrug:

People go their entire lives not knowing they have these conditions. I know this because the doctor told me that when they discovered I have it.

Echoing HWT here: absolutely no, zero, nada, zip, non-existent connection to COVID or the vaccine.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
People go their entire lives not knowing they have these conditions. I know this because the doctor told me that when they discovered I have it.

Echoing HWT here: absolutely no, zero, nada, zip, non-existent connection to COVID or the vaccine.

Good to know :thumbsup:

Hopefully the problem is sorted and he can carry on playing.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why are so many sports people having heart problems/extreme illnesses of recent? I knew someone (vaguely) who actually played at Withdean against us for Leyton Orient called Sam Oji who passed away a few months ago at just the age of 35. There's been tons of similar cases. Look what happened to Seb Eubank earlier too. So strange how it's been happening a lot of recent to such healthy people.

Has there ever been a time before when we've seen so many sports people in such bad situations health wise before? Maybe all this lockdown stress is causing too much danger for people?

A culmination of things more likely especially for professional athletes of all sports, extensive training, some intense dietary requirements, mental health and the pressure to succeed, plus underlying health issues not diagnosed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here