Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Allan Lamb

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Undergoing treatment for prostate cancer……..best wishes to one of my favourite players, and another timely reminder for those of us of a certain age to get checked out.

On Twitter, Lamb said: “I urge all men to go and get their PSA [Prostate-Specific Antigen] levels checked, as prostate cancer so often goes undiagnosed. Having recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, I have just completed a month of treatment. Put your egos aside – don’t be ignorant about your health.”

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Undergoing treatment for prostate cancer……..best wishes to one of my favourite players, and another timely reminder for those of us of a certain age to get checked out.

On Twitter, Lamb said: “I urge all men to go and get their PSA [Prostate-Specific Antigen] levels checked, as prostate cancer so often goes undiagnosed. Having recently been diagnosed with prostate cancer, I have just completed a month of treatment. Put your egos aside – don’t be ignorant about your health.”

All the best to Lamby.

I actually have a PSA test booked for next month. Got to be worth giving up an hour for, just in case.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An older brother of mine is recovering from prostate cancer, it was well advanced, but drugs to reduce the tumour size then radiotherapy it appears did the trick.

He’d put off a doctor’s visit despite symptoms for years (a busy life), the eventual PSA number was off the scale.

Get checked out regularly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I asked my GP about this a couple of years ago and he was trying to put me off, saying the test was not accurate, and neither was a finger up the bumhole. His belief is that unless you have symptoms there’s no point in testing.
I did eventually convince him to do a blood test and I got a one-line text message a week later saying my blood tests had come back normal. I guess that’s good news, but he really did have a negative attitude towards the PSA test.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
3 years next week i met him in a Sri Lankan beach bar ,top bloke had a great chat nothing was a problem .GWS Lamby.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I asked my GP about this a couple of years ago and he was trying to put me off, saying the test was not accurate, and neither was a finger up the bumhole. His belief is that unless you have symptoms there’s no point in testing.
I did eventually convince him to do a blood test and I got a one-line text message a week later saying my blood tests had come back normal. I guess that’s good news, but he really did have a negative attitude towards the PSA test.

I once had a GP that we used to joke that you'd never get a prescription out of him until he'd read your post-mortem report.

Time for a change of GP ....

We established he was a partner in the practice and he was financially incentivised to spend minimally and that included prescriptions ..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here