Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Christmas Lights Switch On

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Brighton is switching on its Christmas lights two weeks today on 15th November with a big name from the TV (cough* Anita Dobson *cough).

Should be a great occasion, with a Christmas/Winter festival following later in the month with traditional Christmas stalls themed around climate change, and a cash bar facility.

Still waiting for Lyme to announce details, think we are trying to get back the onthemarket.com choir who were hugely popular 2 years ago and rumours around the town that Lisa Stansfield will be turning on the lights which would be a mjaor coup for Lyme and Dorset as a whole it we pull it off.

:clap:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Having a load of unnecessary lights on all the time is hardly helping to cut carbon emissions..

Delete Christmas.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Fenwick's are unveiling their Christmas window at 7:30pm on Sunday, broadcast live via Facebook.

That's the start of Christmas in this part of the world.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Fenwick's are unveiling their Christmas window at 7:30pm on Sunday, broadcast live via Facebook.

That's the start of Christmas in this part of the world.

John Lewis advert should be dropping on Monday next week, that's usually the signal for us to get our decorations out of loft and break open a box of mince pies and a glass of sherry.

C5 also starting their Xmas movie extravaganza from Sunday.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
John Lewis advert should be dropping on Monday next week, that's usually the signal for us to get our decorations out of loft and break open a box of mince pies and a glass of sherry.

C5 also starting their Xmas movie extravaganza from Sunday.
If you break open a glass of sherry, you'll probably end up with a puddle of sherry and pieces of broken glass all over your floor.

To each their own.

Stumpy Tim

It's a shame we have to wait another year for Christmas Chronicles 3, but Anita Dobson is a great start to Christmas Season. Surprised Brighton have pulled in that calibre of celebrity... pulled out all the stops this year. Maybe her look-a-like husband will come too!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a shame we have to wait another year for Christmas Chronicles 3, but Anita Dobson is a great start to Christmas Season. Surprised Brighton have pulled in that calibre of celebrity... pulled out all the stops this year. Maybe her look-a-like husband will come too!

He May.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm going to be back in Brighton for this. Result!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

NSC already showing me ads for her appearance at Aladdin.....!

Her star has dropped so low the Mirror recently described her as....
Screenshot 2021-11-01 140108.png

Jul 7, 2003

She is the big Panto star in the City this year but it could be worse - could be Alison 'fluffy' Ferns from BBC Sussex who is also in the panto.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Brighton is switching on its Christmas lights two weeks today on 15th November with a big name from the TV (cough* Anita Dobson *cough).

Should be a great occasion, with a Christmas/Winter festival following later in the month with traditional Christmas stalls themed around climate change, and a cash bar facility.

Still waiting for Lyme to announce details, think we are trying to get back the onthemarket.com choir who were hugely popular 2 years ago and rumours around the town that Lisa Stansfield will be turning on the lights which would be a mjaor coup for Lyme and Dorset as a whole it we pull it off.

:clap:

Wow! I'd better get my sleeping bag and camp out for the next fourteen days to get a good spot! Good luck with getting Lisa Stansfield, as you say it would be a major coup to get an international star of that calibre. Maybe Dave at The Ship could invent a new cocktail in her honour? Forget lime and soda, how about a 'Lyme and Lisa'?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Rumours of Joe Dolce doing the honours in Hailsham.:clap2: Great chance to get my original single signed. Win Win!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It appears many cities and towns are ditching the huge names they usually use to attract thousands into their centres to try and keep as covid secure as possible. Glasgow is one of many who have dispensed with the switch on in favour of a 'virtual' moment.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgows-christmas-lights-switch-event-25314576

The Lord Jesus Christ himself could switch on the Christmas Lights in Brighton for all I care, it’s definitely not something that gets me excited enough to leave home for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here