Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5.30 Kick offs

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Very sorry if fixtures (I did try a search) but why oh why are all our Saturday home games 5.30 kick offs?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I understand that it inconveniences some people but for me it means I can get out and get some stuff done Saturday morning and early afternoon and then football is an 'evening' thing rather than an 'all day' thing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Worth remembering this weekend is an anomaly because as the BT sport game we should be kicking off at 12.30 but because Sky had the Manchester derby and GMP have said no to an evening kick-off they've swapped

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Really bloody frustrating. As a father of two young children (including a newborn) it’s right across bedtime so basically impossible for me to attend atm.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Having thousands of irate Yorkshire folk from Leeds on a Saturday at 5:30 kick of is indeed brave and quite surprised the police gave that a green light to be honest. Imagine if we send them bottom that day, oh that would be funny, and worth steering clear of West Street afterwards...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Having thousands of irate Yorkshire folk from Leeds on a Saturday at 5:30 kick of is indeed brave and quite surprised the police gave that a green light to be honest. Imagine if we send them bottom that day, oh that would be funny, and worth steering clear of the Pump House afterwards...

Corrected for you

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Probably helps Sky / BT etc marketing their product overseas as well. Makes it a 12.30 kick off on the East Coast of the US and Canada

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having thousands of irate Yorkshire folk from Leeds on a Saturday at 5:30 kick of is indeed brave and quite surprised the police gave that a green light to be honest. Imagine if we send them bottom that day, oh that would be funny, and worth steering clear of West Street afterwards...

Just like every Saturday night then :moo:

luge

Dec 18, 2010
BT and Sky are keeping their important picks powder dry until the second half of the season - so unless there are any obviously big matches now (Man U v Liv) etc - they will move less important picks for super sunday/5:30/MNF now as they also have to fill up a quota of every club being selected a certain amount of times.

They went early with our games (Watford, Leicester etc) and then now we have become a story, so it makes more sense to use up other teams against us, as they will at least get some good football to show (hopefully).

Annoying, as my 5 y/o daughter would like to go to a match but 5:30 is just too late.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
It is a real pain, there is only one flight on a Saturday to Gatwick at the moment, that lands at 8am. Long day ahead pre game.

BA City Flier have Saturday departures from BER at 09.55 arriving London City at 10.40. More civilised time and London City is a doddle to get through. Jubilee Line around to London Bridge from Canning Town in around 15 minutes, then Thameslink. Book early enough and ticket prices start from around fifty quid one way. Not too shabby if you can plan ahead.

el punal

When City fans came down a week ago most were decent and complimentary, however, I haven’t seen so many pissed up (and with other substances) knobheads behaving like complete knobheads after a game. I met one at Brighton station at about 8.30 who couldn’t string a sentence together - Neanderthal sprang to mind on that one. Even on Bluemoon, the Man City fans forum, the comments about their fans behaviour were highly critical with posts about their own supporters fighting each other and other instances of self inflicted shittery.

So, with Leeds finest down for the day, and with their reputation, the Kaiser Chiefs song - “I predict a riot” would seem to be the likely outcome.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BA City Flier have Saturday departures from BER at 09.55 arriving London City at 10.40. More civilised time and London City is a doddle to get through. Jubilee Line around to London Bridge from Canning Town in around 15 minutes, then Thameslink. Book early enough and ticket prices start from around fifty quid one way. Not too shabby if you can plan ahead.

Hopefully at some point Easyjet will put the 0940 on. I could be in the Caxton by 1145am is everything worked.

For this weekend it is going to be the U8 from Mortizplatz at 5am and then the joys of that awful new airport.

Also there seem to be engineering works on the Brighton mainline this weekend.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably helps Sky / BT etc marketing their product overseas as well. Makes it a 12.30 kick off on the East Coast of the US and Canada

Pff. The yanks should have no say on kickoff times.

Me, on the other hand...

PL TV deals:
pltvdeals.jpg

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Really bloody frustrating. As a father of two young children (including a newborn) it’s right across bedtime so basically impossible for me to attend atm.

Yep, have had to do a lot of bargaining with the better half with these bloody 5.30 kos.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here