[News] World Vegan Day

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Discuss :)

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Every time you turn on the TV it's that bloody Zutons ad.

On a side note can people stop doing that thing where if more than one person posts it then loads of people do? It's not funny, it just makes you seem like you should be in care.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
On a side note can people stop doing that thing where if more than one person posts it then loads of people do? It's not funny, it just makes you seem like you should be in care.

People like to milk it for laughs and now you've egged them on. Anyway, I've got no beef with you, honey. What's for breakfast?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I didn't know that but, as it happens, we have pumpkin soup for lunch and Korean tofu, broccoli and mushroom stew for dinner ... pity about the milk on my breakfast muesli

Last edited:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As a carnivore, it is said that you should only eat herbivores. I wonder where cannibalism sits with the animal liberation extremists?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Because there's plenty to discuss, if you want to.

Personally I don't believe you can divorce meat eating from climate change.

When I became a Vegan about 30 years ago it wasn't easy. Now it's easier than ever, certainly in this country. It's almost fashionable now, which can only be a good thing in my eyes. Vegan 'options' left right and centre.

Even if people just reduce their meat and dairy consumption, that's a massive step in the right direction in my opinion. On so many levels.

Others may think differently.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
6E73F8AA-36FD-41F1-8AF3-ED954CE65F32.jpeg

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Whenever I see the subject of vegetarianism or veganism raised anywhere on the internet it's full of "men" feeling threatened disguised as "funny". Guys, if you at least try and cut down your intake of meat and dairy it doesn't make you any less of a "man".

The evidence is all there, it's better for the planet and the body. If we all did a little bit then it would make a huge difference. Try going just one day a week without meat or dairy.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How do you know some . . . . . .

Ah forget it.

Good on them. Go vegans!!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Whenever I see the subject of vegetarianism or veganism raised anywhere on the internet it's full of "men" feeling threatened. Guys, if you at least try and cut down your intake of meat and dairy it doesn't make you any less of a "man".

The evidence is all there, it's better for the planet and the body. If we all did a little bit then it would make a hug difference. Try going just one day a week without meat or dairy.

I've been trying to do this. Not getting much support from my family but trying.

Vegan/Vegetarian bashing is so boring, bit like having a crack at the cyclists or teachers.

Live and let live.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've been trying to do this. Not getting much support from my family but trying.

Vegan/Vegetarian bashing is so boring, bit like having a crack at the cyclists or teachers.

Live and let live.

Once, on an Audax, I rode behind a bloke with Vegan Cyclist emblazoned all over his jersey. He must have been brave, but I confess, my first thoughts were...Tit.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally I don't believe you can divorce meat eating from climate change.

it quite easy, look at the information properly and see meat is net zero, consumption of organic matter offsets the output gas. its hijacking a popular issue to promote another cause.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here