Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Booster Jab walk ins

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Feel free to move this to the Covid part - but felt this is worth highlighting.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59116051.amp

Booster jabs to protect against Covid are now available at walk-in sites in England as the NHS hopes to bolster uptake ahead of a "challenging" winter.
About 30 million people who had their second vaccination more than six months ago will be able to get a booster without needing to make an appointment.
The NHS online walk-in finder will let people check their nearest centre.
More than six million people have already had a booster jab or a third dose, NHS England said.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had my booster jab (by invite) on Thursday. My other half was with me, and was offered his at the same time, but was two weeks out on the six months timeline. So, he’ll be going back in two weeks.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing

Booster jabs to protect against Covid are now available at walk-in sites in England as the NHS hopes to bolster uptake ahead of a "challenging" winter.
About 30 million people who had their second vaccination more than six months ago will be able to get a booster without needing to make an appointment.
More than six million people have already had a booster jab or a third dose, NHS England said.

But there’s no actual link to the NHS online walk-in finder in that article?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Not entirely sure 30 million is accurate. I got my second jab just 6 weeks after the first and I am not eligible to book until next Monday. Not sure 30m had been done before me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hasnt been 6 months +1 week until this Friday!

We have vaccine centres at Portslade and mile oak so hopefully will get there next week.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hasnt been 6 months +1 week until this Friday!

We have vaccine centres at Portslade and mile oak so hopefully will get there next week.

A little warning, I had no reaction to the first two jabs (Pfizer) but felt awful for 24 hours after the booster.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A little warning, I had no reaction to the first two jabs (Pfizer) but felt awful for 24 hours after the booster.

Worth noting. I've had quite a few friends fine with first two but then rough after the booster. Mines not due for 2 weeks but will try to get a Friday.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Thanks M. We are out and about this weekend so I will try and book it for next week really!

Hope you are feeling better

I was a bit sorry for myself the last 8 weeks as I have had 6 skin cancer type elisions removed but thankfully all is benign so I can get back with my life again.

Cheers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thanks M. We are out and about this weekend so I will try and book it for next week really!

Hope you are feeling better

I was a bit sorry for myself the last 8 weeks as I have had 6 skin cancer type elisions removed but thankfully all is benign so I can get back with my life again.

Cheers

Thanks. Yes, I'm ok now. Sorry to read you've had problems, but glad it wasn't anything worse.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thank you, but as I sort of expected would be the case,the nearest one to Worthing is Reigate!

https://www.sussexhealthandcare.uk/...nd-vaccinations/walk-in-vaccination-sessions/

I got invited for mine last week, I live in Hove and went to hop on the bus to Churchill Sq. I go through the 'big' Tesco to get to the bus stop and serendipitously there was mobile walk in vaccination service in the car park.

I'd lost my card but they were able to check eligibility with my NHS number.

5 minute job.

They seem to be doing them regularly there and it's handy for parking. It's normally 3 hr free if you spend a fiver in the store but I think they might be waiving this condition when the vaccinations are going.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not entirely sure 30 million is accurate. I got my second jab just 6 weeks after the first and I am not eligible to book until next Monday. Not sure 30m had been done before me.

Aye …I’m not eligible until end of this month and I had mine as soon as offered ..can’t believe 30 million were ahead of me

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thank you, but as I sort of expected would be the case,the nearest one to Worthing is Reigate!

I've been trying to get a reasonable location for my booster and the availability is awful, just checked the link that was posted and i got Portsmouth as my nearest ! If i go through other nhs back doors the best I get is Brighton or Chi, I really don't understand why you can't get a vaccine in Worthing , its mystifying .

Edit : I get the impression that there are no new vaccination centres opening, just if you turn up at one they HAVE to vaccinate you no matter how many turn up at once.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Churchill Square isn't a walk-in venue. Search for walk-in venues here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...alk-in-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-site/

Churchill Square is for pre-booked appointments only. Search/book here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...ter-dose-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine/

Somewhat bizarrely, Reigate IS the nearest walk-in to Worthing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I had my booster jab (by invite) on Thursday. My other half was with me, and was offered his at the same time, but was two weeks out on the six months timeline. So, he’ll be going back in two weeks.

Two weeks in 6 months is nothing, especially based on no real data. I got my booster a week early, on Saturday.

But we are also being old there were no booster vaccines available till January. That's what a mate of mine (age 77) was told by text. I told him to do what I did and just ask at the surgery.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here