Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taxis from the Amex

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Got to get away swiftly after the Newcastle game and the trains (of course) are screwed. I'll be heading north so need to get to the A23. Where's a good place to tell a taxi to pull up? Never done it. Cheers.

Oh and if anyone wants to share and split the cost PM me!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Going to North London or Birmingham?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
With respect, you’ll be lucky getting away quickly by taxi. Your only chance is to leave with the 30% who exit ten minutes before the end

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'd suggest Woollards Way by The Keep. Make your way down towards The Bridge car park, go under the bridge and then turn left.

Your taxi should be able to make quite a swift getaway from there as you pull out of that road and you're pretty much at the traffic lights good to go.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'd suggest Woollards Way by The Keep. Make your way down towards The Bridge car park, go under the bridge and then turn left.

Your taxi should be able to make quite a swift getaway from there as you pull out of that road and you're pretty much at the traffic lights good to go.

Thanks Bozza. that sounds good - I lmow where The Keep is. Ta.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The problem with this is that if loads of people tried this it would inconvenience so many more. There is a reason the club don't want drop offs/ pick ups in Village Way. It's so bl**dy selfish

Leaving on the park n rides myself, every home game I see a load of folk waiting or pulling up in cars on Village Way between the club exit and the uni, presumably to collect family. Stewards rush over but they’re ignored ….. no legal powers on a public highway?

In the first couple of seasons there were a few police waiting. But the club have to pick up the big policing bill, so I’d assume the resources are limited and deployed elsewhere.

[In the 11 Amex seasons, we’ve never driven or been collected].

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Time to consider a dedicated taxi rank at the stadium? I could see it being very well used

That’s a great idea . Sometimes I need to get to South Kensington quickly after a game and a taxi quickly out the area would save me about 30 mins .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Always thought that taxis should be allowed at the station forecourt or up near the Swan pub (depending on which way they are headed) after matches. They'd definitely get the trade.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Be careful

Bozza

Please don’t forget that Woollards Way is also the entrance to the Brighton Ambulance Make Ready and is the direct route for Emergency Ambulances so added congestion is not ideal. Drivers also have a tendency to rush out of the Bridge Tunnel and straight over the Give Way lines without looking, not just on match days. There have been a number of close shaves.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
FFS just looked at trains, look like hourly out of Brighton and Lewes heading north on Saturday evening

Jul 7, 2003
Bozza

Please don’t forget that Woollards Way is also the entrance to the Brighton Ambulance Make Ready and is the direct route for Emergency Ambulances so added congestion is not ideal. Drivers also have a tendency to rush out of the Bridge Tunnel and straight over the Give Way lines without looking, not just on match days. There have been a number of close shaves.

I thought the club had stopped people being picked up from there this season to relieve congestion and the risk of accidents in that area.

Maybe better to walk though the Bridge car park and pick up on the corner of Ashurst Road and Lucraft Road.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Isn't the entrance to Car Park 5 in Sussex Uni the club's designated pick up/drop off point?

Yes the sports centre car park which is the nearest car park to the pedestrian tunnel under the A27. Seems most people these days get picked up on the bridge over the A27 at the Falmer junction or from the roundabout there. Always loads of people waiting for their ride there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here