Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The WAGS of yesteryear!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Great photo of the Leeds United Wags before the 1970 FA Cup Final. Can you spot which one is really Billy Bremner? :) FB_IMG_1635707019833.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clearly shows what a working class sport football was back then. Mini Skirts aside, most of them looked like my mum.

As for the players; elite athletes, my arse. Look at Hunter's physique - arms of an architect:

hunter.jpg

hunter 2.jpg

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Clearly shows what a working class sport football was back then. Mini Skirts aside, most of them looked like my mum.

As for the players; elite athletes, my arse. Look at Hunter's physique - arms of an architect:

View attachment 141748

View attachment 141749

It’s still very working class . The difference is the wags then we’re working class but not full of themselves , nowdays the wags are still working class but many are very full of themselves because of the money and lifestyle of a PL player .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s still very working class . The difference is the wags then we’re working class but not full of themselves , nowdays the wags are still working class but many are very full of themselves because of the money and lifestyle of a PL player .

Sure, sure.

tross.jpg
bezza.jpg
adam.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
This time I give you the Southampton 1976 FA Cup Final wags. Once again a fella seems to have slipped in. Can you spot him?FB_IMG_1635791511623.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This time I give you the Southampton 1976 FA Cup Final wags. Once again a fella seems to have slipped in. Can you spot him?View attachment 141776

Him? There are four blokes in that line up, Shirley? Number 5 is Alan Pardew. Numbers 6 and 7 are Gallagher and Lyle, and number 8 is Ian Gillan of Deep Purple.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wife's name: Debbie
Favourite car: Ford Capri
Favourite food: Steak and chips
Favourite drink: Lager and lime
Favourite TV Programme: Match of the Day
Favourite Comedian: Bernard Manning or Jim Davidson