Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Has anyone knocked on your door yet?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMG_20211031_153804.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Mrs T and the Nipper are preparing their costumes as I type. There's a whole gang of them, mums and kids, going out this evening.

Mind you, this is semi-rural Kent and witchcraft, and even human sacrifice, are commonplace here :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
While we are on the subject of witchcraft, it occurred to me that next time we are visited by the black hoards of Palarse, a good loud blast of this (most loud in the away end) during the warm up might be delightfully unsettling for them:lolol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmtjLD8bJBI

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Door is locked, lights turned off, watching football with my headphones instead of my speakers.

They can knock all they want.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Door is locked, lights turned off, watching football with my headphones instead of my speakers.

They can knock all they want.

Intriguing to read that this daft custom is alive and well with our Scandinavian friends too.

I'd be very happy to lock the door to all comers, but the wife is a real softie and has a bowl of sweets at the ready.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
All lights at the front of the house will be out. We'll be tucked up in the living room with some very decent snackage and, I think, Hellraiser for the entertainment which I noticed is knocking about on Disney. Or Prime. I get confused.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Intriguing to read that this daft custom is alive and well with our Scandinavian friends too.

I'd be very happy to lock the door to all comers, but the wife is a real softie and has a bowl of sweets at the ready.

Yeah it came here in the 90s. Thought it was pretty fun as a kid. Didnt care much about the candy but fun to run around with friends and meet strangers and see how other people lived etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We normally buy a large supply of sweets to give away. Have to ration them to an extent, as in the past some greedy teenagers grab a fistful of sweets, leaving little left for late trick or treaters.

But this time, off out for a meal, leaving home just as it gets dark …. the timing, a pure coincidence :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here