Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Liverpool - City of Football Friendship

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
It really is a genuinely friendly City - big thanks to the two scousers who insisted on paying the cab fare to the ground, having invited us to share their taxi. Big thanks to the numerous fans, who on leaving Anfield, congratulated us on the Albion's performance. Some Liverpool fans in heavy traffic, on our walk back to Lime Street, wound their windows down to say well done. On the train back south, we received warm genuine praise from countless Liverpool fans. I've been to the City many times and to Anfield too, the people are always generous and warm to a tee. Such a great experience, for football (win, lose or draw) or just visiting the area. Thank you Liverpool.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I remember the 2-2 draw in the cup there 30 years ago (yes, 30 years ago) Albion were given a huge ovation off the pitch.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Depends where you are visiting from. Did they pat you on the head? ��

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. I hate all that 'bin-dipper' bollocks.

Of course all clubs have a spectrum of fans, but Liverpool's are on average closer to the 'classy' end of the spectrum.

Rather different from the scabby little tossers from Citeh, gobbing off outside the Amex last game.

Edit: I see that Citeh 'fans'* have been racially abusing Zaha on Instagram after the 'Miracle of the Etihad'. Who knew?

*As pointed out to me by a learned poster, quite possibly some 14 year old in his private school computer room in Singapore or Miami.

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Says a lot for the city that when Liverpool and Everton met at Wembley in a couple final, they didn't segregate the fans at all. Families and friends watched together, regardless of allegiances, and no trouble at all.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Having never been to Liverpool (let alone Anfield), our weekend there for the last game of the 2017/18 season was a genuine delight. Ok, we lost 4-0 (and it could easily have been double figures)....but the atmosphere was unbelievable. The city was also a revelation (to us). Lots of friendly encounters with the locals. Also went to Goodison just before the pandemic, and found the Everton lot equally friendly.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I have never met a bad fan up there.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Liverpool fans from Liverpool are absolutely class as a rule.

Liverpool ‘fans’ from the rest of the UK and the World are just as bad and egotistical as every other set of of tragic glory-hunting bellends. It’s almost like they try too hard to prove they’re real fans and end up going way over the line.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I've never had so many lovely conversations at an away game with stewards and many others including the girl who served us a very tasty steak pie! A genuine warmth. Walking back to the coach amongst thousands of scousers all the talk was about how well Brighton had played ... and could have won!

It was a long long day ... but a great day :albion2:

EDIT: and yes, as has also been said ... Everton also a very friendly club.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was listening on the radio at at work and heard Johnny Cantor say that when lallana came off he got a handshake and a smile from Klopp, I thought then that was quite classy from him given the match was at 2-2 at the time.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yep, one of the best away days.

I remember travelling back down South in a coach, (maybe the Gulls Eye Special)after the 2-2 Cup game. Passing a coach full of Liverpool fans on the motorway they,as a man, stood and applauded as we went past.

That type of thing stays with you.

And Adam got his cuddle from Klopp after the game .

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I’m really pleased someone started this thread, because having read through so many post-match comments (why not after such a great comeback??!) it was so uplifting to read the tide of positive reviews about the Albion from Scousers.

So many said ‘well done, great effort’ instead of the usual ‘we were really tired or we were so unlucky’ BS we hear from other fans of the top six clubs.

Full of praise for the Liverpool fans - class. The Lallana respect merely underlined this.

#genuinefans

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I live just outside Liverpool and was walking through Sefton Park to my lift home and chatting to a couple of fans on the way who genuinely felt they had dodged a bullet today and were full of praise for "dat blonde lad" who was "all over the place".

Simonf93

Apr 25, 2012
Yesterday was mine and my 8 year olds 1st trip to anfield and I can safely say it was a fantastic experience and he hasn’t stopped smiling from ear to ear since we left Henfield yesterday morning.

On arrival in Liverpool the guys who’s drive we parked on was super friendly with us and made a great fuss with my son and made me feel welcome.

In the arkles pub before the game was such a great friendly atmosphere just felt that it was gonna be a great day.

On way back to car every Liverpool fan fist pumped my son saying how brilliant we was and hope he enjoyed it his experience and he was just smiling and saying yes it was the best day ever.

Thanks to everyone that made his day.
5668ef35cdf96a2347bac3255ff18ff0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here