Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Fireworks

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Went to a local fireworks display last night and whilst there realised that my usual supplier of fireworks, namely Aldi, had none available in the Lewes branch. Is this shortage nation wide and all shops?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Went to a local fireworks display last night and whilst there realised that my usual supplier of fireworks, namely Aldi, had none available in the Lewes branch. Is this shortage nation wide and all shops?

Raab bought most of them in a £10b procurement deal to combat recent missile launches by China.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is definitely not a shortage of fireworks in the Newhaven area. :rolleyes:

I can’t say I’ve seen any on sale as I haven’t been looking, but last week there were fireworks going off every evening. Friday and Saturday evening their seemed to be many back garden displays going on in this area.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The joys of buying mini rockets and air bomb repeaters so I could be antisocial as a lad.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Most news sources were certainly predicting a shortage a month ago.

Bonfire Night fireworks ‘70% down’ due to Brexit and supply chain crisis

Brexit and the supply chain crisis are threatening to put a dampener on this year’s Bonfire Night firework displays as distributors warn that import problems have reduced stocks by up to 70% and forced up prices. One supplier said wholesalers were unwilling to stock up on pyrotechnics products because of additional paperwork related to Brexit and a change in safety labelling that has caused confusion about what can be sold in the UK past the end of 2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/22/bonfire-night-fireworks-70-down-due-to-brexit-and-supply-chain-crisis

Although there didn't seem to be a shortage around 'The theatre of tress' last night ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Aldi Portslade normally has loads but none Friday. Probably down to the miserable gits complaining ..... strange the same complainers love Hollowen.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Burning money isn't as affordable for most of us as it once was.

I'm putting the heating on for half an hour next weekend, limited ticket availability already to watch the pilot light through the little window, but I may do a live stream for those less fortunate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Most news sources were certainly predicting a shortage a month ago.

Good policy. Feed the media with a predicted shortage and whack up the prices. So many have done just that with all sorts of products since the start of the pandemic, it's hardly original or surprising any more.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Should only be for qualified people to buy.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Burning money isn't as affordable for most of us as it once was.

I'm putting the heating on for half an hour next weekend, limited ticket availability already to watch the pilot light through the little window, but I may do a live stream for those less fortunate.

You should be saving for a new boiler if yours has still got a pilot light and little window :D

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I used to love bonfire/Guy Fawkes night as a kid . . . Miss the fires on the beach.

And luzzing bangers at each other, especially the red ones from france. 3-2-1 were crap

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
The joys of buying mini rockets and air bomb repeaters so I could be antisocial as a lad.

Not forgetting dicing with death yourself with those totally unpredictable jumping jacks threatening to burn your ankles. And for year round anti social none better than those tiny French bangers that looked like mini sticks of dynamite!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Good policy. Feed the media with a predicted shortage and whack up the prices. So many have done just that with all sorts of products since the start of the pandemic, it's hardly original or surprising any more.

So it's the Fireworks industry who are now controlling the media. I guess they took over from the Petrol industry controlling the media in the last couple of weeks. I wonder what industry is going to take over controlling the media next :lolol:

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not forgetting dicing with death yourself with those totally unpredictable jumping jacks threatening to burn your ankles. And for year round anti social none better than those tiny French bangers that looked like mini sticks of dynamite!

The tiny ones came in strings, let a dozen off was alike a machine gun, get it right and people would hit the deck in droves :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here