Was it a shot or a cross?

• Shot

Votes: 250 95.4%
  • Cross

Votes: 12 4.6%

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Mewpu’s goal today. Is there any doubt that he didn’t mean it. Looks a like an absolute cracker to me. But a few have said it was a cross come shot.

What do you reckon?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Difficult to say for sure. Seen it a few times and still can't work it out. He did seem to have a focus on the goal though.

Only truth we know is that it was a goal. That's all that counts.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A Brighton player scores a worldie, must be a fluke, surely. Mane, Salah or any of the Liverpool players score that and it’s a wankfest

Lawro said it was suicidal to attack Liverpool, must have just been a panicky clearance.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
For anyone saying cross, would you also please be so kind to answer this question:-

'Who the f**k do you think he was crossing too?'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For anyone saying cross, would you also please be so kind to answer this question:-

Exactly. He won't do that often in his career but it was a single moment of brilliance. Imagine if he's done that for his national team in a major tournament ?

You don't hit it that hard to cross the ball.

Shit, did you see that? He must have a foot like a traction engine.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

To be fair, you could ask that whenever somebody accidentally crosses the ball straight into the goal.

A mistake that looks so good when it comes off that I always wonder why people don't try doing it on purpose more often. Presumably because it would be really difficult to get right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Whoever it was (Lallana?) in a bit of space at the far post. Which would pretty much make it a replica of the Liverpool Ox->Mane goal.

No-one said it was a GOOD cross.

(I'm firmly in #TeamShot BTW, but I can see how some could claim it to be a delivery to the far post, particularly as we'd seen Liverpool do exactly the same thing not long before)

Screenshot 2021-10-30 at 21.41.34.jpg

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Definite shot. The body shape, the look at goal, the fact we never, ever do crosses from deep like that...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The way he runs up to the ball and appears to only look at the goal makes me believe it was a shot.

I agree if you watch the highlights you can see his head from behind not once does he look over to see if anyone is getting on the end of a cross. Clearly a peach of a strike. I’m sure he will be asked at some point.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whoever it was (Lallana?) in a bit of space at the far post. Which would pretty much make it a replica of the Liverpool Ox->Mane goal.

No-one said it was a GOOD cross.

(I'm firmly in #TeamShot BTW, but I can see how some could claim it to be a delivery to the far post, particularly as we'd seen Liverpool do exactly the same thing not long before)

View attachment 141719

Of the three that were expecting a ball to them maybe, March at the far side, Trossard in the middle, Lallana nearest to Mwepu

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here