Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] I love being an albion supporter because............

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
It is a club on the up and I can only see positives, including my history as a supporter!!!!

Magnificent Journey

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People once mocked me for it. Now they look enviously at my smugness.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Because we play football 'our way'. It doesn't always work, it can be frustrating and disappointing when we play well one game and then crap the next. But we're a small club on the big stage and holding our own playing exciting and adventurous football

Plus a great owner who is a fan first and foremost and bleeds for the club.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
There when we were great in the 70s. There when we were shit in the 90s. There when malevolent forces tried to kill us. At ****ing Priestfield and TToT. There throughout this whole magical Falmer/Amex era. Now watching football and players and coaching I never truly thought we’d produce. We can give anyone a game in the Premier League. Surreal.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's in my blood from my 1st game when I was 7.......now 54

Almost me as well, same age same place of birth but started a couple of years earlier in the chicken run with my dad.

Anyway. For me, I have watched the Albion in about 35 places (not as many as some and more than others). Since 5 I was smitten, I honestly love my wife, she is the love of my life but the Albion is well.....I couldn't give her up. I saw my favourite, Fred Binney back in the day, was initially disappointed when he was replaced by the upstart Peter Ward (who is pretty much a deity to me, in fact my father was a Pastor and my mother noticed I was deifying Wardy, she was right). Wardy, Lawrenson, Horton, Eric Steele, Robbo and so on, all absolute heroes and many others before it all started to go wrong. I watched us slide down the leagues but although the old pride still prevailed, was devastated by the loss of the Goldstone, man how I loved that ground. I saw a succession of frankly terrible teams at such outposts as Bury and Rochdale and witnessed football that was of such a bad standard that one of my friends almost got arrested at Rochdale for running onto the pitch and offering a hand as he felt (probably correctly) that he could do a better job. My firstborn was conceived after our 7 goal game at Chester City, I felt I had a good cause to celebrate, although my wife didn't allow me to call him Joel Peter Wardy Zamora for some reason. I supported our club as many others did through those hard times and I can tell you I am so grateful to all those who helped save our club, and especially Fatboy Slim and the appropriately named Dick Knight. Without their intervention we would be gone gone gone. Then Mr Bloom, surely he should be a Knight himself by now. The steps the club has taken since those dark days have brought the excitement of my first love for the club back home to me. Promotion to the PL was a dream for years, but to push on and play the way Potter and co have pushed on is something else, something I honestly didn't think would happen for my team.

Life is short, this moment when we proudly sit towards the top end of the English table, may prove ephemeral, but by goodness, let's enjoy it. We are where we are on merit and today we left the field knowing that at the end of the game, we were perhaps unlucky not to have won against the most decorated team in the Premier League and at the most iconic of stadiums.

Make the most of these times because we could well be on the verge of something very special and even if not, there just has not ever been a better time to support Brighton & Hove Albion.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
… they were the home team at the first professional football game I attended. I made my bed that day and continue to lie in it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
can still remember the buzz in the NW corner of the Goldstone and the merged aromas of bovril , burgers , beer , fags and the hint of ammonia from those toilets under the Northstand , the walk to and from the station , the flutter in the stomach as the floodlights came into view as the train was between Aldrington and Hove ......as others have said , it's in my blood.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like Heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last, love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothin' else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real
I love you, baby.........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
can still remember the buzz in the NW corner of the Goldstone and the merged aromas of bovril , burgers , beer , fags and the hint of ammonia from those toilets under the Northstand , the walk to and from the station , the flutter in the stomach as the floodlights came into view as the train was between Aldrington and Hove ......as others have said , it's in my blood.

I could see the floodlights from my school window, and often let my attention wander from my books.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion story is ridiculous, it always has been.

Finishing 2nd from bottom of the very bottom league two seasons in a row was ridiculous.

But then moving to some athletic track with temporary stands and absolutely no money, which then turns out to be the most successful period in the the history of the club (4 trophies in 12 years) is absolutely ridiculous.

Then only a few years later than that, we're now 7th in The Premier League with a team full of internationals. When taking into account the above... you just couldn't make it up.

Does any other club have a story that compares? What a rollercoaster ride the last 25 years has been.

Melchester Rovers?

Just when I think it can’t get any better it does, what a rollercoaster of a ride we have had in the last 25 years. sums it up perfectly :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

The Albions story from an average third division team, to a basket case in the bottom division, hanging on by our fingernails, where our owners wanted us dead and gone,but, the fans rallied and fought for the club’s future, would make a brilliant film in the same way as Brassed off, and The Full Monty.

No other club has our back story.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Because it extends your life, unlike following most clubs where the sheer stress of it must knock years off!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here