Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] And you thought Premier League refs were inept?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
In the Orient vs Hartlepool match this afternoon the ref, Alan Young, blew for half time at 41 mins. After the 15 min break he then restarted the first half, played the remaining time, blew for half time and immediately ordered the teams change ends for the start of the second half. I'm assuming someone is getting sacked in the morning.

[tweet]1454464679716208640[/tweet]

https://www.skysports.com/football/leyton-orient-vs-hartlepool-united/report/448615

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A mistake anyone could of made.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
But how did he ref the game ?

To be fair, when I f***ed up, (which may have happened very occasionally) I would admit it and try and put it right :angel:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tweet is wrong, he didnt blow at the 41th minute but in the 45th and just forgot the four minutes of stoppage time.

Bloke knew about his mistake and wanted to correct it, Hartlepool players wanted their 4 minutes and Orient accepted them to be played.

Bad day at the job obviously but not the end of the world.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Tweet is wrong, he didnt blow at the 41th minute but in the 45th and just forgot the four minutes of stoppage time.

Bloke knew about his mistake and wanted to correct it, Hartlepool players wanted their 4 minutes and Orient accepted them to be played.

Are there any games in the northern hemisphere you don't watch?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Stop being so reasonable. It spooks me :eek:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I made a batch of rhubarb crumbles last week. I looked at them in the oven and thought,”Hmm, they need another 5 minutes.” An hour and a half later I remembered them.
So, I made a second batch to replace the burnt to a crisp ones I’d made earlier.

Yep, you guessed it , I forgot them as well.

I gave up then.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe he was busting for a shit, and didn't want to do a Lineker, or a Paula Radcliffe.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Quite a brave think to do to admit to a mistake. I know a few referees who are never wrong in anything they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here