Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rugby Union internationals 2021/22

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:lolol:

002BDDDB-E84E-4160-80DA-2F12E3207A43.png

The match thread on the BBC is awash with Taffies whinging about the bent officiating and brutal All Blacks. The Great Injustice.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
To be fair, half or more of Welsh team missing as their clubs didn’t have to release them for this fixture as there were full club fixtures.

Just a cash cow for the WRU.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
:lolol:

View attachment 141713

The match thread on the BBC is awash with Taffies whinging about the bent officiating and brutal All Blacks. The Great Injustice.

I didn’t use to mind the Welsh until I was at the 2019 final in Yokohama that we lost to South Africa. These 2 mouthy Taffs behind me couldn’t disguise their dislike of England, the rugby team at least, I even had to remind them that it wasn’t Wales they were watching winning. They could see that we were pretty gutted and still didn’t shut up. I did well not to come to blows with them. Ever since that day I have taken great delight in seeing Wales lose in everything! Just a sporting rivalry though, nothing more than that.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I didn’t use to mind the Welsh until I was at the 2019 final in Yokohama that we lost to South Africa. These 2 mouthy Taffs behind me couldn’t disguise their dislike of England, the rugby team at least, I even had to remind them that it wasn’t Wales they were watching winning. They could see that we were pretty gutted and still didn’t shut up. I did well not to come to blows with them. Ever since that day I have taken great delight in seeing Wales lose in everything! Just a sporting rivalry though, nothing more than that.

Bit harsh to judge a nation based on two people. I’ve lived in Wales over 20 years and have never experienced any anti-english sentiments.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Bit harsh to judge a nation based on two people. I’ve lived in Wales over 20 years and have never experienced any anti-english sentiments.

That’s why I made the specific point of it being a sporting rivalry and nothing more than that, ie it’s just a sporting rivalry or, to put it another way it’s just a sporting rivalry.

I don’t think that’s quite the same as judging a nation, it’s just a sporting rivalry, nothing more (see above).

But I would be stunned if you felt the average Welshman wants the England rugby team to win. I have seen a lot of England v Wales games in both Cardiff and Twickenham, there is no love lost there I can assure you in terms of sporting rivalry. I have even had Welsh guys calling me an English ******* for wearing an England cricket shirt in Cardiff at an Ashes test! But, as far as I am concerned, to restate it’s just as sporting rivalry as far as I am concerned, nothing more, the same as I would have with Australia, a country I love and visited around 15 times but whose cricket and rugby teams I could never support! But, in case it wasn’t clear, it’s just a sporting rivalry, nothing more, hope that’s clear now. :lol:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That’s why I made the specific point of it being a sporting rivalry and nothing more than that, ie it’s just a sporting rivalry or, to put it another way it’s just a sporting rivalry.

I don’t think that’s quite the same as judging a nation, it’s just a sporting rivalry, nothing more (see above).

But I would be stunned if you felt the average Welshman wants the England rugby team to win. I have seen a lot of England v Wales games in both Cardiff and Twickenham, there is no love lost there I can assure you in terms of sporting rivalry. I have even had Welsh guys calling me an English ******* for wearing an England cricket shirt in Cardiff at an Ashes test! But, as far as I am concerned, to restate it’s just as sporting rivalry as far as I am concerned, nothing more, the same as I would have with Australia, a country I love and visited around 15 times but whose cricket and rugby teams I could never support! But, in case it wasn’t clear, it’s just a sporting rivalry, nothing more, hope that’s clear now. :lol:

So just a sporting rivalry then? [emoji23].

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Martin Johnson’s autobio was an eye opener. Welsh ********s headbutting the England bus as it made its way to the Millennium Stadium. The bus won!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here