Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sanchez pass

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I thought he had a cracking game. He got away with the Mane one first half but was given a hospital ball by Dunk, I think the other thing that isn't perhaps fully appreciated against the top sides is how quickly they press & block all passing lanes, meaning his long kicks sometimes look aimless but are borne out of necessity due to the lack of options.

He made a couple of really important interventions/claims from set pieces in the 2nd half to relieve pressure, well done Bob!

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I thought he had a cracking game. He got away with the Mane one first half but was given a hospital ball by Dunk, I think the other thing that isn't perhaps fully appreciated against the top sides is how quickly they press & block all passing lanes, meaning his long kicks sometimes look aimless but are borne out of necessity due to the lack of options.

He made a couple of really important interventions/claims from set pieces in the 2nd half to relieve pressure, well done Bob!

Time to take off the seagull specs/reduce alcohol intake then. He has been erratic this season already costing us points, hopefully will improve to rediscover his best form.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Time to take off the seagull specs/reduce alcohol intake then. He has been erratic this season already costing us points, hopefully will improve to rediscover his best form.

Very harsh, made an error vs City but also saved us.

Just look our goals against prior to City, that tells you all you need to know. His dominance gives the entire defence confidence, and generally his distribution is very good.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Very harsh, made an error vs City but also saved us.

Just look our goals against prior to City, that tells you all you need to know. His dominance gives the entire defence confidence, and generally his distribution is very good.

Making even one serious error per game that will usually lead to the opposition scoring isn't any decent goalkeepers best form.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Utter tosh, He has cost us **** all, may have got us some though.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Put differently…..

Duffy lost his man on the second goal today…..
Bissouma got sucked in and Solly switched off on the first.
Vs City - Cucurella lost possession cheaply upfield
Vs City Dunk gave the ball away
Trossard dived in for a pen vs Palace
Veltman poor tackle for pen vs Everton

A number of players have made errors that have cost goals, I’m unclear why you are calling out Sanchez…..

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

He hasn't been at his best in recent games but was class today, perhaps you've been on the beers if you couldn't see that

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Put differently…..

A number of players have made errors that have cost goals, I’m unclear why you are calling out Sanchez…..

With Burn, Gross (for most of the game), Maupay and Connolly not on the pitch today, people are are a bit desperate to find a new individual who may have caused the imperfection of universe.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put differently…..

It’s embarrassing. Anything less than perfect and he’s ‘erratic’.

Need to appreciate him while he’s here, because he’ll quite possibly be elsewhere before we know it. For 23 he’s immense.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Put differently…..

I was calling out the point he had a "cracking game' today and think he has been generally performing at a lower standard this season compared to his own high standards.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pre pre assist for the second goal!

But probably more crucially, yet another towering claim, in a crowded box, in injury time.

That's the money.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I was calling out the point he had a "cracking game' today and think he has been generally performing at a lower standard this season compared to his own high standards.

Sorry@JC Footy Genius , you said he has been erratic all season, which IMO is incorrect.

[MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] is correct, enjoy him why you have him….. 23, great talent.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Feck me, Albion fans knocking Sanchez, words fail me. Awesome keeper who the rest of the team trust so much they even give him hospital balls! His ball claiming is the best of any Albion keeper I have ever seen, as are his ball skills.

Depressing that fans even consider knocking him :rolleyes:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh all right, I give in, Sanchez was f ... ing fantastic best game ever and is brilliant every game, standards never vary, above any criticism at all times. Lucky to have him [emoji6][emoji106]

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feck me, Albion fans knocking Sanchez, words fail me. Awesome keeper who the rest of the team trust so much they even give him hospital balls! His ball claiming is the best of any Albion keeper I have ever seen, as are his ball skills.

Depressing that fans even consider knocking him :rolleyes:

Actually was surprised nobody mentioned his cushioned pass on the volley last week to Cucurella……

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oh all right, I give in, Sanchez was f ... ing fantastic best game ever and is brilliant every game, standards never vary, above any criticism at all times. Lucky to have him [emoji6][emoji106]

Nah, nobody’s perfect but after today’s result it just seems churlish to find fault :shrug:

Ignore me I just love everything about the Albion these days :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here