Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion FA Cup Semi Final *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery so whilst everyone is in a good mood, here is a reminder of what is happening tomorrow. Damned if I am doing the image thing and can't find the officials or a press conference so this will have to do,

Venue: Meadow Park
Date: Sunday 31st October 2021
Kick-Off: 16:45 GMT

Live on BBC2

TEAM NEWS

Malin Gut is unavailable for the Gunners due to a long-term injury.

Vivianne Miedema will be rested for this tie having also been given time off from Netherlands most recent international fixture.

Simone Boye is available again after a muscle injury having joined up with Denmark over the international period. Anna Patten is also available again having played for England’s U-23s against Belgium last week. Steph Catley, Caitlin Foord, Lydia Williams and Tobin Heath are all available despite long haul flights during the international period. Malin Gut (ACL) is a long-term absentee.

Brighton & Hove Albion will be without Arsenal loanee Fran Stenson so teenager Frances Angel is set to provide cover for the goalkeeping position on the bench. Midfielder Dani Bowman has been recovering from foot surgery and it is not known when she will be fit to return. Manager Hope Powell is not thought to have any new injury concerns to contend with following the international break.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Definitely watching this today. Anyone watching boring West Ham vs boring Aston Villa instead need to get their priorities right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I've got the Man City vs Chelsea semi final on at the moment. Decent enough game but ruined as a competitive spectacle by some comedy keeping by the City goalie, who are now 2 down after less than 30 mins as a result.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Just had a look at the odds. We are 22/1. :eek: Under the radar.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just had a look at the odds. We are 22/1. :eek: Under the radar.

Yup.

Think they've lost like one game in six months or something.

I hope Brighton will win but I'm a bit torn as I had the Arsenal manager as my supervisor and coaching instructor for two years when I was coaching kiddos like 12 years ago. Generally wish him all the best obviously but think he can afford to lose this one and just go and win the Champions League or something...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It surely can't be right that both semi finals are at the home grounds of two teams taking part. How does that work!?

I'm not in favour of semi's played at Wembley, although I did appreciate a first visit to the new Wembley for our game.

Surely home advantage can't be right. Although it's not doing Man City any favours at the moment.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Connolly in the lineup ? So thats why he was left out of the squad yesterday.

Still don't rate his chances.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Don’t think we’ve crossed the halfway line yet, it’s one-way traffic.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I'm not sure that the correct adjective for another team playing at this ground is formidable.
Brighton doing OK against a better side, but it is a tough watch but the quality of this half is quite a bit better than the last 10 minutes that I watched of the other semi final, which was shocking to be very honest.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
You can sum up this first half in one word - Alamo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here