Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Liverpool (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sanchez 7 -- lucky not to get caught out with that disallowed goal, and a few other nervy moments in possession, but that pass that kickstarted Tross' goal was one of the best ones played by anyone this season. Great player development
Veltman 7 -- dependable, solid, professional. Great recruitment.
Duffy 7 -- typical wholehearted defensive display. Great recruitment.
Dunk 8.5 -- outstanding solidity and class from our legendary captain. Great player development.
Cucurella 8 -- loved the way that he fizzed the ball into Lallana for our second. The odd mistake in a high stakes performance.
Bissouma 8 -- delighted to have you back and to get 60 minutes out of you. Great recruitment.
Mwepu 8.5 -- brilliant performance, energy, dynamism and an outrageous goal. Great recruitment.
Lallana 9 -- shows what a run of games does to his performance levels. Great recruitment.
Moder 7 -- impressive work rate and game intelligence. Great recruitment.
March 7 -- looked dangerous, brilliant engine. Great player development.
Trossard 9 MotM -- our PotS so far, and that was yet another great performance and (two) composed finish(es). Great recruitment.

Mac Allister 8 -- caresses the ball, intelligent contribution. Great recruitment.
Lamptey 9 -- outrageous cameo. What a joyful player. Great recruitment.
Gross 7 -- did what he needed to do. Great recruitment.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Sanchez 6
Veltman 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Cucurella 7
Bissouma 7
Mwepu 8
Lallana 7
Moder 7
March 7
Trossard 9

MacAllister 7
Lamptey 8
Gross 7

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sanchez 7 -- lucky not to get caught out with that disallowed goal, and a few other nervy moments in possession, but that pass that kickstarted Tross' goal was one of the best ones played by anyone this season. Great player development
Dunk 8.5 -- outstanding solidity and class from our legendary captain. Great player development.
Cucurella 8 -- loved the way that he fizzed the ball into Lallana for our second. The odd mistake in a high stakes performance.
Bissouma 8 -- delighted to have you back and to get 60 minutes out of you. Great recruitment.
Mwepu 8.5 -- brilliant performance, energy, dynamism and an outrageous goal. Great recruitment.
Lallana 9 -- shows what a run of games does to his performance levels. Great recruitment.
Trossard 9 MotM -- our PotS so far, and that was yet another great performance and (two) composed finish(es). Great recruitment.

Mac Allister 8 -- caresses the ball, intelligent contribution. Great recruitment.

Most of these - perhaps Lamptey and Lallana 8, as Trossard was a clear MoM for me.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lamptey……best substitute performance since Vicente?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sanchez 6.5 -- perhaps a bit too confident and relaxed now which leads to mistakes. Still a step up on Ryan but needs to keep focus. The back pass from Dunk was ludicrous BUT he needs to clear it.
Veltman 7 -- solid
Duffy 7 -- slow at start but grew into the game .
Dunk 7.5 -- Good overall performance but WTF was he thinking about with the back pass so loses a point for that
Cucurella 8 -- his strength is coming forward, did not do enough in first half and made a few mistakes including one that lead to their first goal. He then upped his game considerably.
Bissouma 7.5 -- good performance and unlucky with the run and shot.
Mwepu 8.5 --WOW beginning to love the way he plays and proving if you shoot on target you might score
Lallana 8.5 -- think at times he tried too hard, first half it did not go for him, second half it and his class showed.
Moder 7 -- average performance , no big mistakes and no big stand out moment
March 8. -- very decent games from him with some clever touches - one concern did he win any headers?
Trossard 9 MotM -- Outstanding really looked like he wanted it. Anyone know when his contract is up?

Mac Allister 7.5 -- a very good player
Lamptey 8 -- not sure how effective he was but you have to love his contribution and approach o the game
Gross 7 -- good steady player

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Potter 1100/10

No recognised striker, no problem.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Sanchez 6.5 -- perhaps a bit too confident and relaxed now which leads to mistakes. Still a step up on Ryan but needs to keep focus. The back pass from Dunk was ludicrous BUT he needs to clear it.
Veltman 7 -- solid
Duffy 7 -- slow at start but grew into the game .
Dunk 7.5 -- Good overall performance but WTF was he thinking about with the back pass so loses a point for that
Cucurella 8 -- his strength is coming forward, did not do enough in first half and made a few mistakes including one that lead to their first goal. He then upped his game considerably.
Bissouma 7.5 -- good performance and unlucky with the run and shot.
Mwepu 8.5 --WOW beginning to love the way he plays and proving if you shoot on target you might score
Lallana 8.5 -- think at times he tried too hard, first half it did not go for him, second half it and his class showed.
Moder 7 -- average performance , no big mistakes and no big stand out moment
March 8. -- very decent games from him with some clever touches - one concern did he win any headers?
Trossard 9 MotM -- Outstanding really looked like he wanted it. Anyone know when his contract is up?

Mac Allister 7.5 -- a very good player
Lamptey 8 -- not sure how effective he was but you have to love his contribution and approach o the game
Gross 7 -- good steady player
Sanchez 6.5 -- perhaps a bit too confident and relaxed now which leads to mistakes. Still a step up on Ryan but needs to keep focus. The back pass from Dunk was ludicrous BUT he needs to clear it (can never be too confident i the PL)
Veltman 7 -- (Always) solid
Duffy 7 -- slow at start but grew into the game. (Shane has the turning Circle of an Oil Tanker but always seems to be there when you need him most)
Dunk 7.5 -- Good overall performance but WTF was he thinking about with the back pass so loses a point for that. ( the team did what the team did, it was what it was and that's football!!)
Cucurella 8 -- his strength is coming forward, did not do enough in first half and made a few mistakes including one that lead to their first goal. He then upped his game considerably (Football is all about mistakes and decisions no one player is ever at fault for a goal!!!!)
Bissouma 7.5 -- good performance and unlucky with the run and shot. ( I love him and only ever gets better)
Mwepu 8.5 --WOW beginning to love the way he plays and proving if you shoot on target you might score ( enough said!!)
Lallana 8.5 -- think at times he tried too hard, first half it did not go for him, second half it and his class showed. ( I Can't argue with that)
Moder 7 -- average performance , no big mistakes and no big stand out moment. ( A young man who is learning. Have patience this is a player who end up making you think "how did he ever play for us??")
March 8. -- very decent games from him with some clever touches - one concern did he win any headers? (Never doubt the mans passion which is 3/4's of any player)
Trossard 9 MotM -- Outstanding really looked like he wanted it. ( maybe not MoM for me, seems to be getting the hang of the PL, which is not beneath his quality and more........)
Mac Allister 7.5 -- a very good player (Yep!! only going to get better)
Lamptey 8 -- not sure how effective he was but you have to love his contribution and approach o the game (Agree, still coming back from a looooooooooong time out..... have patience)
Gross 7 -- good steady player ( can't argue)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks to Lamptey's parents allowing him to travel so far with School on Monday.

Best player on the pitch against Citeh and Liverpool. including their players

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Evening Mr Winstanley:lol:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Magnificent performance. Possibly our best ever, but I’ve only been doing it for 46 years. And one other thing.

Mwepu 10. Awesome energy, stamina, commitment. Him and Bissouma, what a world beating pairing.

Potter, just superb. Thank you Albion, just, thank you. I have been so unwell for 10 weeks now, and this has truly lifted me from what feels like a death bed. Well done lads, well done, brought me to tears. One of my young lads made a 9 hour trip to be there today, well done. Well,done all the fans, amazing noise. Just hard to believe how far we have come.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Sanchez 6.5 -- perhaps a bit too confident and relaxed now which leads to mistakes. Still a step up on Ryan but needs to keep focus. The back pass from Dunk was ludicrous BUT he needs to clear it (can never be too confident i the PL)
Veltman 7 -- (Always) solid
Duffy 7 -- slow at start but grew into the game. (Shane has the turning Circle of an Oil Tanker but always seems to be there when you need him most)
Dunk 7.5 -- Good overall performance but WTF was he thinking about with the back pass so loses a point for that. ( the team did what the team did, it was what it was and that's football!!)
Cucurella 8 -- his strength is coming forward, did not do enough in first half and made a few mistakes including one that lead to their first goal. He then upped his game considerably (Football is all about mistakes and decisions no one player is ever at fault for a goal!!!!)
Bissouma 7.5 -- good performance and unlucky with the run and shot. ( I love him and only ever gets better)
Mwepu 8.5 --WOW beginning to love the way he plays and proving if you shoot on target you might score ( enough said!!)
Lallana 8.5 -- think at times he tried too hard, first half it did not go for him, second half it and his class showed. ( I Can't argue with that)
Moder 7 -- average performance , no big mistakes and no big stand out moment. ( A young man who is learning. Have patience this is a player who end up making you think "how did he ever play for us??")
March 8. -- very decent games from him with some clever touches - one concern did he win any headers? (Never doubt the mans passion which is 3/4's of any player)
Trossard 9 MotM -- Outstanding really looked like he wanted it. ( maybe not MoM for me, seems to be getting the hang of the PL, which is not beneath his quality and more........)
Mac Allister 7.5 -- a very good player (Yep!! only going to get better)
Lamptey 8 -- not sure how effective he was but you have to love his contribution and approach o the game (Agree, still coming back from a looooooooooong time out..... have patience)
Gross 7 -- good steady player ( can't argue)

Who was your MOTM? MWEPU, LLana , March?

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Who was your MOTM? MWEPU, LLana , March?

Even though you have narrowed it down for me (thank you, no really!!) I think MWEPU!! he looked at home in a game against one of theeee best teams in the PL with not much game time and really affected the game on a number of occasions,

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thank you Albion, just, thank you. I have been so unwell for 10 weeks now, and this has truly lifted me from what feels like a death bed. Well done lads, well done, brought me to tears. One of my young lads made a 9 hour trip to be there today, well done. Well,done all the fans, amazing noise. Just hard to believe how far we have come.

Hope you feel a lot better soon, seems today has helped somewhat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Magnificent performance. Possibly our best ever, but I’ve only been doing it for 46 years. And one other thing.

Mwepu 10. Awesome energy, stamina, commitment. Him and Bissouma, what a world beating pairing.

Potter, just superb. Thank you Albion, just, thank you. I have been so unwell for 10 weeks now, and this has truly lifted me from what feels like a death bed. Well done lads, well done, brought me to tears. One of my young lads made a 9 hour trip to be there today, well done. Well,done all the fans, amazing noise. Just hard to believe how far we have come.

Get well soon, mate. And feel the joy :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sanchez 7
Veltman 7
Duffy 7
Dunk 7
Cucurella 7
Bissouma 7
Mwepu 9
Lallana 8
Moder 7
March 7
Trossard 9

MacAllister 7
Lamptey 9
Gross 7

Potter 9

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Isn't it good to see players developing? I'm so pleased for Trossard. Mwepu looks a more attacking minded Bissouma. You'd think Cucurella has been in the team for years.

But there's one common denominator. Potter.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn

God Bless you My fellow Albionite and the very best of wishes for your future health,

Yes we have suffered in the past (mild understatement) just enjoy what may be the beginning of an era or the pinnacle of your supporting time watching Brighton and Hove Albion.
Dry your eyes mate there is much to live for

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
God Bless you My fellow Albionite and the very best of wishes for your future health,

Yes we have suffered in the past (mild understatement) just enjoy what may be the beginning of an era or the pinnacle of your supporting time watching Brighton and Hove Albion.
Dry your eyes mate there is much to live for

You sir are. Diamond, thank you for your kind words, I have been really suffering, and it’s undiagnosed and on-going. Today gave me the most massive boost, aga8nst all the odds, and I think you from the bottom of my heart for just understanding my tough times. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here