Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard stays as our number 9?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Strong, clever as ever with the ball, willing runner and the ball sticks with him.

Always got a goal in him.

We all noticed the extra timber looks like he’s built into a very solid player.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Trossard is a lethal finisher, he is so composed when central in front of goal. The goal today and vs Man City last season shows he should without doubt play there, albeit I was surprised Maupay didn't come of the bench (not necessarily to replace Tross) late in the game. Felt like his pace could have caused the Liverpool defence some problems as they looked cumbersome in the 2nd half

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
He's always been class.

But now with a bit more physical strength, a bit more consistency, playing in a position that suits him and with the right kind of players (Mwepu and March stand out) around him. All adds up to that class being ever more evident. One of those 'how long can we keep him' situations now I fear.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Been great every single game this season.

I believe someone at some point argued that Trossard could be counted as a striker option but that the idea wasnt generally well recieved. I believe this could possibly be starting to change.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Another who has improved greatly . Very impressive today and two great finishes (one ruled out for marginal offside).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Simply magnificent.

Apologies [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] you were completely right and I was wrong. Trossard isn’t just class, he is world class…..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We have a host of false 9s to choose from and he is one, Maupay often plays as a false 9 by dragging out defenders to make room for players around him - often Trossard. Despite Maupay being seen as a striker and Tossard a winger, I definitely think they are interchangeable. I think the big change today was Lallana being freed from his defensive midfield position giving us link up we have been missing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
In a Potter team we don't use the classic striker even when Maupay plays. We have a very fluid style where theoretical position does not confine what we do and Trossard is a great example of that but to be honest we have a lot of players like that . Reminds me of the great Liverpool side of the late 1970s where any player could play in any position.

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
Thought this too, has the trickery needed but has a pinpoint shot too! Will be hard though when Maupay comes back into the team.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Been great every single game this season.

I believe someone at some point argued that Trossard could be counted as a striker option but that the idea wasnt generally well recieved. I believe this could possibly be starting to change.

Your detective skills failing you ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come on people wakey wakey.

T'is a squad game

&

The gaffer likes a tinker.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Strong, clever as ever with the ball, willing runner and the ball sticks with him.

Always got a goal in him.

We all noticed the extra timber looks like he’s built into a very solid player.

Totally disagree with the strong bit. Maupay stronger and works extremely hard (much harder than Tross ever did) to pressure the opponent’s defenders. On the plus side, Tross exhibited great footwork for his brilliant goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
We have a host of false 9s to choose from and he is one, Maupay often plays as a false 9 by dragging out defenders to make room for players around him - often Trossard. Despite Maupay being seen as a striker and Tossard a winger, I definitely think they are interchangeable. I think the big change today was Lallana being freed from his defensive midfield position giving us link up we have been missing.

Have to agree re Lala. Biss return the key IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here