Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Lineker: "Graham Potter's done an excellent job."

Wright: "Brilliant owner, brilliant manager. Delighted for them."

If they get that guy (to finish the chances) and finish 9th now, think about what they're going to do."

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

If they get that guy (to finish the chances) and finish 9th now, think about what they're going to do."

We've scored 16 in 8, or 10 in the last 4... to me it seems very lazy to still be banging the 'all they need is a decent striker' drum, especially from pundits who are supposedly skilled in analysing the game and teams' performances.
The big difference at the end of the season for us has been goals from midfield and elsewhere on the pitch, which we were really lacking previously. So almost the opposite of 'just needing a striker to bang in 20+ goals'

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Wright was very complimentary about the Albion, bordering on raving :bowdown:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've scored 16 in 8, or 10 in the last 4... to me it seems very lazy to still be banging the 'all they need is a decent striker' drum, especially from pundits who are supposedly skilled in analysing the game and teams' performances.
The big difference at the end of the season for us has been goals from midfield and elsewhere on the pitch, which we were really lacking previously. So almost the opposite of 'just needing a striker to bang in 20+ goals'

The season isn't 8 games long.

Wright was 100% correct.
We don't have a player who can consistently score goals.

The chances Welbeck has missed over his renaissance tell he's not the man.
We know, for all.his fine qualities, Maupay isn't the man, either.
If Undav is that player then happy days.

If he isn't we'll end up with 3 forwards who need 5 good chances to score one goal instead of 2 forwards and absolutely nothing will have changed, over a 38 game season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moyes giving us ZERO credit was amusing to me, very bad charmless loser.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

That may have been a short excerpt, which could not reflect the whole of his interview, but that was a very grumpy, charmless interview. We were well worth it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

‘Three poor goals’. Yeah right.

Grumpy old shit.

48d98903cb77c46a513e9917b48046b9.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

TBF though you couldn't really expect him to tell the truth: that he was out-thought by Potter. Potter's half-time change altered the game and Moyes was unable to respond; it was like watching Mancini outthink Southgate in the Euro's.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
All about opinions.... and yes I did see the previous two MOTDs. I guess i dislike the punditry and would prefer more game time shown

Jenas is about as good as they come in terms of punditry, Shearer on the other hand ... ['unger, passion, desire ... repeat]
I do understand that you're talking about punditry in general.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
‘Three poor goals’. Yeah right.
Straight through his keeper.
All the time in the world on the edge of his box.
Header direct from a corner.

They weren't great from a West Ham perspective.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just watching this morning and a little surprised that Granit Xhaka has been nominated for a goal of the season contender?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009

If you listen carefully, Lineker then mutters 8th, 7th. Grumpy old git. Probably because Walkers signed Gemma Collins instead of him.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011

Bar the odd immaculate goals which hardly any teams scores, I would say that "ALL" goals are not great from the conceding teams perspective!
There's very rarely any goal scored where the conceding team could say "there was absolutely nothing we could have done"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bar the odd immaculate goals which hardly any teams scores, I would say that "ALL" goals are not great from the conceding teams perspective!
There's very rarely any goal scored where the conceding team could say "there was absolutely nothing we could have done"

Deffo begging the question 'why do posters get so needy about what others say?'

From an Albion perspective they were all fandabbydozy - esp Groß.
But GPott wouldn't have been happy if the shoe was on the other foot

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

That’s a bit of a stretch and does Groß a huge disservice, beautiful interplay across the box and a very quick turn and strike on his ‘weak’ foot.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you listen carefully, Lineker then mutters 8th, 7th. Grumpy old git. Probably because Walkers signed Gemma Collins instead of him.

I took that as he was saying there’s not that much need as we’re unlikely to gain many more places and break into the “top 6” level. Sort of disagreeing with Wrighty that a top striker would make much difference (compared, for example, with Leicester, who have “better” strikers but still can’t make that step consistently.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just watching this morning and a little surprised that Granit Xhaka has been nominated for a goal of the season contender?

The goals were an odd selection altogether - as if picked simply for the strike that hit the back of the net. None of the action showed team build-ups of the sort I've loved for us this year. Sure we could pick 12 better goals of our own?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

That’s a bit of a stretch and does Groß a huge disservice, beautiful interplay across the box and a very quick turn and strike on his ‘weak’ foot.

His strike still takes me by surprise every time I rewatch it, but the defence were slow to close him and Cucu down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here