Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The killing followed a row over a serving of bubble and squeak.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it didn't - it followed about 15 years of continual and concerted domestic abuse

Not according to the judge:-

Imposing a life sentence with an 18-year minimum term, the judge Martin Picton said: “I have no doubt you intended to kill your husband and it was a pre-meditated murder. Your behaviour shows a shocking level of callousness. During the four days of giving evidence I did not detect a shred of genuine remorse on your part for the crime you have committed.”

Picton said: “There were no doubt tensions in the marriage, points of friction the lockdown will have accentuated, but I’m quite sure he was nothing like the person you claimed.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/29/penelope-jackson-guilty-stabbing-husband-death

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No it didn't - it followed about 15 years of continual and concerted domestic abuse

No it didn’t.

The court with all the evidence to hand decided the polar opposite. The tapes at arrest and in the police station revealed a cold killer, not a wreck from years any abuse. No one gave evidence of abuse or coercion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was the story put out by the defence team - the jury did not agree. The grandchildren of the murderer and victim said afterwards that she was the violent one in the marriage.

Her fourth marriage . . . . I wonder what she did with the previous three husbands? ???

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
A friend was unluckly enough to have 3 unhappy marriages. The first wife died. The second wife left him and the third didn't. (Credit to Fred Wedlock)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
A friend was unluckly enough to have 3 unhappy marriages. The first wife died. The second wife left him and the third didn't. (Credit to Fred Wedlock)

Reminds me of the Rod Stewart quote after one of his numerous divorces:

“I don’t think I’ll bother getting married again; I’m just going to find a woman who hates me and buy her a house.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here