Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Liverpool

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m just thinking that we need to be very solid at the back in terms of height and strength with some pacy wing-backs who can track fast Liverpool players but also help in attack.

We must be competitive at set-pieces so need to play our best back 3 for taking offensive set-piece chances.

Then we need fast and tricky forwards to hit the ball long to who’ll be able to hopefully keep Robertson and TTA on the back foot.

—————————-Sanchez—————————-
————Duffy———-Dunk———Webster———
Lamptey——Bissouma—Lallana——-Cucurella
—————————-Trossard—————————-
———-Maupay———————-Sarmiento———

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
My guess, not necessarily the one I'd go with but what I believe:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster

March, Gross, Lallana, Moder, Cucurella

Trossard, Maupay

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Sanchez
Veltman Dunk Webster
Lamptey Bissouma Moder Gross Cucurella
Trossard
Maupay

I'd be quite happy to see Veltman at RWB with Duffy stepping in at CB, or Burn with Webster switching to the right. There's no value in Lallana over Moder or Gross and Bissouma, if fit, should play. He's an excellent footballer.

We have a very good team and squad of players.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I would go with that with outside chance of Mwepu unseating Moder

I worry about Van Dijk at set plays, remembering how he monstered Webster at Anfield a couple of seasons ago. But I have to admit that our boy has improved in that aspect since then, and that Duffy might suffer against the Liverpool front three in free play.

If only this were American football and we could send Duffy on just for corners.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m just thinking that we need to be very solid at the back...

Currently my favourite poster.

Can't wait for his in-match analysis:

Go large on Liverpool to score the next goal. Sack everyone. Sack them now. Then reinstate them so we can sack them some more.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Will be really excited if both Biss and lamptey play.

I would try and keep it really really tight 1st half. Liverpool don't like playing Vs 11 behind the ball. We must not make school boy errors ie pushing everyone up for corners like last week.

Their defence can be got at it's not great at the moment (conceded 3 Vs Brentford) VVD is still not right. If we can use any type of pace against it second half it could be exciting.

Hopefully we can stay in the game for as long as possible.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I worry about Van Dijk at set plays, remembering how he monstered Webster at Anfield a couple of seasons ago. But I have to admit that our boy has improved in that aspect since then, and that Duffy might suffer against the Liverpool front three in free play.

If only this were American football and we could send Duffy on just for corners.

The mobility of their front 3 is why I think Veltman will get the nod but shows the strength of their side that you try to shut down one threat and another is there.

That said once we are beyond Saturday would like to see Duffy return to the side alongside Webster and Dunk as that looked a real solid unit at start of season. Just for this game would not want to dent his recent resurgence by him being terrorised by their quick movement on the floor in and around the box

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GPott will make up for his customary 'I'm too smart for football' mistake.
Revert back to what works.

So that'll be Duffy back.
Starting with the attacking fullbacks.

The rest pick themselves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Last season I think Potter had two very good strategies against Liverpool - namely dont deal with their high pressure at all. Just play past it. In the first game he started with all three strikers (Connolly, Maupay and Welbeck) to get that extra player up front making it less hopeless to play it long. In the second game he played BDB as a left wing target player to avoid trying to play through those lines of pressure, and to abuse the fact that Trent Alexander-Arnold is probably the worst PL defender there is in aerial duels. Tomorrow none of those options will be available so I wonder what GP will go for, probably (and perhaps unfortunately) something more traditional.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
—————————-Mwepu————————-
———-Maupay———————-Trossard ———

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I’m just thinking that we need to be very solid at the back in terms of height and strength with some pacy wing-backs who can track fast Liverpool players but also help in attack.

We must be competitive at set-pieces so need to play our best back 3 for taking offensive set-piece chances.

Then we need fast and tricky forwards to hit the ball long to who’ll be able to hopefully keep Robertson and TTA on the back foot.

—————————-Trossard—————————-
———-Maupay———————-Sarmiento———

Would love to see this side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here