Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter For England

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Piece on BBC Wesbite this morning

Graham Potter: Is Brighton boss an England manager in the making?

A remote club in the fourth tier of Swedish football was not the ideal starting point for an aspiring manager, but Graham Potter was just grateful for the opportunity.

It was a leap into the unknown and he could have sunk without trace. Instead, Potter guided Ostersunds FK to three promotions in five seasons, followed by a first major trophy and a spot in the Europa League.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Please don’t repost entire articles. Just the link and one or two paragraphs please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A good read. Really emphasises his man-management skills. And I love the "the person is more important than the football" type stuff. And thinking about and being aware of mental health issues before it became fashionable.

Impressed by what Dale Stephens had to say as well - impressed about Potter, but also about Dale's ability to take it on board and to react.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He has a decent chance of becoming the England manager at some point. Not sure it is a job he really desires but could he say no if it was offered at some point? Not sure about that.

Hopefully he will be the first English manager to win the Premier League first. Think there is a decent chance.

Good article btw.

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Please don’t repost entire articles. Just the link and one or two paragraphs please.

Not arguing and only asking out of interest, but why? I thought as long as I included a link to the original source it was ok?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Surely he needs to manage a club to higher than 16/17th in the Premier League for a bit before he can be considered for a position like England Manager?

Robdinho

Jul 26, 2004
Surely he needs to manage a club to higher than 16/17th in the Premier League for a bit before he can be considered for a position like England Manager?
Indeed. The current incumbent achieved the heady heights of 13th place (before being relegated the following season)

pasty

Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He has a decent chance of becoming the England manager at some point. Not sure it is a job he really desires but could he say no if it was offered at some point? Not sure about that.

Hopefully he will be the first English manager to win the Premier League first. Think there is a decent chance.

Good article btw.

Well his current chances of being the first English manager to win it are 3 to 1 :lolol:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not arguing and only asking out of interest, but why? I thought as long as I included a link to the original source it was ok?

Because people on here might not click on the link if they can see it in full on NSC and we don’t have the rights to it. People should be made to read it on the original site / copyright owner.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I am hoping he won’t ever consider such a yes man job until his career is on the slide, the guy would be totally wasting his career as an England manager imo. Maybe when he hits 65 to 70 he can leave BHA the triple winners,Champion’s League winners and World Club champions to manage England. I’ll be long dead by then though :smile:
[MENTION=457]sheebo[/MENTION] may not agree of course :lolol:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I honestly don't think he'd be that successful as an international manager. He wouldn't have the time to spend with players developing them, and wouldn't have the time to work with the players to instill his playing style and tactics.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Who is Macburnie's current manager. Way to make him feel loved, banging on about how your ex manager was the best you've had. :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I honestly don't think he'd be that successful as an international manager. He wouldn't have the time to spend with players developing them, and wouldn't have the time to work with the players to instill his playing style and tactics.
No disrespect to our squad if GP took the England job he would be working with top class players the lads from Man City, Liverpool & the Kane’s of this would adapt fairly quickly.

Anyhow we haven’t played that well in the last few games so let’s see if he can sort things in his current job first and get us playing for 90 minutes instead of a good half here and there.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Duplicate

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here