Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 442 magazine, last day at the Goldstone

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It’s a long shot but does anyone know which edition of 442 magazine featured the last day at the Goldstone and, better still, does anyone know how I can get a copy?

There was a good picture of me in there digging up the pitch and someone gave me a copy when they were reading it and saw me in there. Unfortunately my copy went missing during a house move and I suspect by now that I won’t find it again. I did find another picture of me leaving the ground on a website, but it wasn’t as good as the one in 442.

Failing that I’ll just stand outside Lidl and recreate the picture!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It’s a long shot but does anyone know which edition of 442 magazine featured the last day at the Goldstone and, better still, does anyone know how I can get a copy?

There was a good picture of me in there digging up the pitch and someone gave me a copy when they were reading it and saw me in there. Unfortunately my copy went missing during a house move and I suspect by now that I won’t find it again. I did find another picture of me leaving the ground on a website, but it wasn’t as good as the one in 442.

Was it the feature on ghost grounds or did they do another story on it?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Was it the feature on ghost grounds or did they do another story on it?

If I remember correctly it was just about the Albion. And to narrow it down I moved house around 5 years later and recall having it in the old house, so it must have come out between 1997 and 2002.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I think I may have "cuttings" from the article, yes I butchered it and put bits in a scrape book along with newspaper cuttings etc etc.
I will have a look on Friday night after work if you have no success, sorry can't look tonight after work as I am doing the weekly shop and I can't be arsed doing anything after I have done that and put it all away.
If I remember correctly there is a picture of some rather wet looking guys huddled together kneeling down tugging at the grass, while others were crowded around, someone was wearing a red away top with blue collars, I could be wrong.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I think I may have "cuttings" from the article, yes I butchered it and put bits in a scrape book along with newspaper cuttings etc etc.
I will have a look on Friday night after work if you have no success, sorry can't look tonight after work as I am doing the weekly shop and I can't be arsed doing anything after I have done that and put it all away.
If I remember correctly there is a picture of some rather wet looking guys huddled together kneeling down tugging at the grass, while others were crowded around, someone was wearing a red away top with blue collars, I could be wrong.

Thanks. Sounds like the picture. I was in a brown coat watching on.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Could it be one of these?

April 1997

Cover Tony Adams

Articles
andy Roxburgh
Brighton
Muzzy Izzet and Neil Lennon
Venables down under
David Sheepshanks
Jimmy Nicholl
JimmyThomson

May 1999:

Cover David Ginola

Articles
Stan Collymore and mental illness
Manchester City's 30 years of hurt
Gareth Barry
The Germans lose to the USA
Brighton bounce back
Regis,Cunningham and Batson
Alan parker on football

January 2002

Cover Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Articles
Vinnie Jones
Brian Clough's column
Swansea
Iran v Iraq
Andy McLaren
Brighton's fan power
Faustino Asprilla
Vinny Samways
Alan Hudson had it all

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Could it be one of these?

April 1997

Cover Tony Adams

Articles
andy Roxburgh
Brighton
Muzzy Izzet and Neil Lennon
Venables down under
David Sheepshanks
Jimmy Nicholl
JimmyThomson

May 1999:

Cover David Ginola

Articles
Stan Collymore and mental illness
Manchester City's 30 years of hurt
Gareth Barry
The Germans lose to the USA
Brighton bounce back
Regis,Cunningham and Batson
Alan parker on football

January 2002

Cover Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink

Articles
Vinnie Jones
Brian Clough's column
Swansea
Iran v Iraq
Andy McLaren
Brighton's fan power
Faustino Asprilla
Vinny Samways
Alan Hudson had it all

I reckon it’s the May 1999 one, sounds about right to me!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If I remember correctly it was just about the Albion. And to narrow it down I moved house around 5 years later and recall having it in the old house, so it must have come out between 1997 and 2002.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t prior to 1997.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/brighton-brink-extinction-premier-league-told-fourfourtwo

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

BA5184D9-2038-4A50-9E1C-2FF59A4EC04B.jpeg

:lolol::lolol: :bowdown:

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
My missus was working with him recently in his accountancy role, no Sex Pistols playing apparently!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
It’s not the 2002 edition, I have got this one as there is a photo of me in there, there are no photos of fans digging up the pitch.

There was a copy of the 1999 one on ebay for a fiver, so I’ve ordered it. It can be returned if it’s the wrong one or else I’ll be advertising it on here soon for £4!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Hopefully it will be the one with your photo in.

The ebay seller has sent me through some pictures of the magazine and it’s definitely the right one. So thanks to everyone on here who helped me track it down, a nice keepsake to have of a significant day.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The ebay seller has sent me through some pictures of the magazine and it’s definitely the right one. So thanks to everyone on here who helped me track it down, a nice keepsake to have of a significant day.

Excellent news :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here