Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1453598653579292673[/tweet]

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
The goalkeeper put the ball down for a free kick and Kit Napier ran in and put the ball in the net. The referee hadn't blown for a free kick!! Oh happy days Kit was my favourite player

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised that was "only" 26 years ago! Seems much longer than that to me.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I remember he tried it again the following home match, this time in front of the north stand, but the ref waved him on (I don't know if he thought Parris was waiting off field for permission, or if the ref wanted to avoid the 'controversy' of whether or not to allow it - I remember there being some discussions about whether the one v bristol should have stood).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The goalkeeper put the ball down for a free kick and Kit Napier ran in and put the ball in the net. The referee hadn't blown for a free kick!! Oh happy days Kit was my favourite player

The keeper was Alan Stephenson if memory serves me

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I remember he tried it again the following home match, this time in front of the north stand, but the ref waved him on (I don't know if he thought Parris was waiting off field for permission, or if the ref wanted to avoid the 'controversy' of whether or not to allow it - I remember there being some discussions about whether the one v bristol should have stood).

I recall it being on A Question of Sport’s ‘What happened next!?’ about a year later. Matt Le Tissier was on the show and he claimed it shouldn’t have been allowed because ‘the ref didn’t give Parris permission to re-enter the field of play’ … which was factually inaccurate to the circumstances.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I had a 30” quiff and a waist. :cool:

1111.jpg

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
I remember seeing Bobby Zamora doing something very similar away to Chesterfield on a freezing cold night back in 2002.

Didn't Bobby also head the ball out of the keepers hand as he only had 1 hand on it as he was walking away from goal? Away to Reading I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here