Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mill Road P&R

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Hmmm a good point. The cost to travel on Seagulls Travel, (or for that matter Northwest Sussex Seagulls, which is my preferred method of travel to & from the Amex) has risen considerably since the return to football post Pandemic.

For a number of people travelling together, the P & R is fast becoming a much more popular option.

Did not realise is so expensive outside of Brighton. From Hangleton is £100 for season which is good value

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As matchday parking for the Norwich game is sold out I may need to use Mill Road. What time does it generally fill up these days?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Unbelievably, there was space 45min before the last match.

The bus took 45min+ to get to the Amex, mind...
Blimey. Indicative of how empty the ground was I guess. Annoying you missed kick off mind...or was it!!

If the OP does a twitter search for "mill road park & ride" you can see what time the club have been announcing it as full to give a rough idea.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Blimey. Indicative of how empty the ground was I guess. Annoying you missed kick off mind...or was it!!

If the OP does a twitter search for "mill road park & ride" you can see what time the club have been announcing it as full to give a rough idea.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Will do, cheers.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Unbelievably, there was space 45min before the last match.

The bus took 45min+ to get to the Amex, mind...

I might even have got there later than that, still parking at the top.
Plus our bus didn't even take noticeably longer.

I must admit shaving an hour and a half off the 'match day experience' was the highlight of the game.

Arrive.
Buy coffee and flapjack.
Through turnstiles.
Just enough time to drink coffee.
Straight into cheering on the Premier League advert - perfect.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I might even have got there later than that, still parking at the top.
Plus our bus didn't even take noticeably longer.

I must admit shaving an hour and a half off the 'match day experience' was the highlight of the game.

Arrive.
Buy coffee and flapjack.
Through turnstiles.
Just enough time to drink coffee.
Straight into cheering on the Premier League advert - perfect.

Flapjacks? I often wonder if anyone ever buys those. Well obviously they do . . . one person at least. :p

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Any problems after the Leeds game? I wasn't sure how the replacement of the bendy buses would work.

Not too bad maybe because there were still some bendy buses in action . Along with a bus that looked like about 20 would fill it and also a Crawley town fc bus heavily painted with red devils and " don't follow me follow Crawley FC " on the back ! Thank goodness i did not have to get on that .

One thing i did notice on arriving at Mill road at the normal time ( parking between zone B and C ) was the lack of buses waiting at the bottom of the hill , only one when normally three or four so not sure if later arrivals had any problems getting to the ground .

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The race course is a far better experience with lovely views of the sea and the downs I wish I’d discovered it years ago. Mill road is a pain getting back.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have noticed that Mill Road fills up far more quickly (earlier) than it used to. And if you miss the first tranche of buses going back (as I did), it's a long wait. I got to my car one hour after the final whistle - I did stay to clap the team off. And enjoying that they all go off together this season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Are the bendy buses not being used any more? Or not as many? Any reason why?

Still being used until the end of the year as l understand it. Brighton & Hove buses have to stop using them due to their chronically high emission levels. They are already banned from the centre of Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here