Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] An Irrational Hatred of Leicester City

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We have had some very good wins over them, I can’t see what the issue is, one in 94 I think we knocked em outta a cup 2-0 at Filbert Street ? I’m sure I went to that.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Its a meh football club that would have remained quite meh if it wasnt for that PL win.

Bit rich, pretty sure the vast majority of neutral fans would say we were much more of a meh football club than Leicester if they had to choose considering the history of the two clubs!

Goal music and those clackers every game though... Awful.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I had a real dislike of the club when I lived up that way and worked in Leicester. All my workmates were Foxes and Of course I got a lot of patronising stick from them . We were a smaller club then although we were in the same league often but struggling, whereas they were major

My feelings against them are waning now since I retired and moved back. Pity about last night though.. the narrowest Of margins.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They cheated their way to the Premier League by writing off debts. It was because of Leicester the punishment of deducting points by going into admin was introduced.
They, apart from Leeds, are the most homophobic club, I’ve ever come across.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I know of a few hundred of us who don't have an irrational hatred of Leicester, summed up in 3 words:-

Stuart.

Munday

&

"wot"

:lol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ah, you mean that mis-hit cross that ended up going in?

Not even close to the goal line in my memory - very strange place to cross from. Might have to dig out the video later

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
They cheated their way to the Premier League by writing off debts. It was because of Leicester the punishment of deducting points by going into admin was introduced.
They, apart from Leeds, are the most homophobic club, I’ve ever come across.

They absolutely did cheat their way to the Prem by writing off their debts. And then massively gambled on FFP when they were in the Championship years later. It really annoys me when people bang on about how great it was for football that Leicester won the league. The same people will then complain about Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle take overs ruining football. Leicester are just another example of what's wrong with football.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
And a helicopter crash.

They’re certainly the closest thing to a real life Harchester United, aren’t they? Helicopter crashes, 5000/1 title wins, star striker signed from non-league, Wagatha Christie, youth team sex scandals, the list goes on.

An interesting coincidence given that Leicester were generally the team used to create the footage for Harchester’s games.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
team meh, but an irrational dislike of dodgy scrap metal merchant look-a-likey Vardy!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Don't really care about Leicester, my old boss and a current colleague both supporters and are genuine footy blokes.
It's that plucked parrot looking **** Vardy I can't stand. Something very dislikeable about him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here